Breeze into Wind! [Fully Released]

Yay! I’ll have a use for this right away.

Is it possible that this may evolve to have physical impact on the world? It would be amazing to have a AffectedByGlobalWind property to choose which rigid bodies get affected and would add additional usefulness for wind!

3 Likes

That’s amazing! Win for Roblox Devs! :clap:

2 Likes

Really cool! I can’t wait to try it out on some games soon.

1 Like

I would love to see in the future how we can create areas that can be affected in a certain way by the wind compared to the others. Not just be a global effect and have the power to customize it in certain areas. Thank you for this amazing update

2 Likes

One of the long awaited features we’ve all been wanting!

this is really good. now roblox game is going to look more real and stuff

This is absolutely poggers!!
I definitely needed this for my games because they usually take place in jungles most of the time!
This will be big for every roblox developer

1 Like

I’m in love with this update :slight_smile: !
Also a bit curious if Roblox will support adding flowers, bushes also customizing default decorations.

2 Likes

I REALLY LOVE IT, this is something that I really need!
Thank you for adding this.

Im aware others have mentioned this, but, adding to @Bitterman1021, a Wind instance would be extremely cool. It can be parented to parts to emit from there, and offset like an attachment. I believe you can also add MinDistance and MaxDistance, where it will roll off from.

Wind.Position : Vector3
Wind.CFrame : CFrame
Wind.WorldPosition : Vector3
Wind.WorldCFrame : CFrame
Wind.WindEmissionType : Enum.WindEmissionType
(Radial, EmissionFace, Vector)
Wind.EmissionFace : Enum.NormalId, enabled by EmissionFace
Wind.Direction : Vector3, enabled by Vector
Wind.MinDistance : number
Wind.MaxDistance : number
Wind.Strength : number
(Applies multiplier to Direction too)

19 Likes

You could make some really cool stuff with that :smile:

Awesome update! Really excited to see what this brings to games. Although, what did ever happen to clouds? We were expecting a big update that would make clouds actually useful. Instead, we were left with clouds being a bit boring. Will we ever get the final update for clouds?

4 Likes

IM SO HAPPY THAT IM CRYING :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

Great new exciting feature, thank you!

2 Likes

This is one of the best additions!
I would love to use this all the time in my game because I won’t need to use any wind shake scripts instead I would simply use GlobalWind.

Hopefully we will see some Cloth Physics that will work well with GlobalWind.

1 Like

Would love to have this be able to affect parts or meshes.
And to complete it all, make it so that you can add your own grass mesh and tweak the base transparency so you can achieve this effect.

I’m sure they are wanted features that everyone has been requesting for years. Would love an update on the progress of that
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
@LightBeamRays

23 Likes

Fr can’t wait for more good additions

4 Likes

this is a good update for winds! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Roblox W, we will be able to make more realistic maps and environments!

4 Likes

setting global wind to inf breaks grass and possibly clouds and u cant undo it even if u did it wont work, like seriously yall havent even tried to mess with ur stuff a bit

2 Likes