Bring back the always-visible UI toggle button

Recently, roblox has removed the always present UI visibility toggle at the top of our screens. (circled below)

This button allowed developers to quickly cycle between working on UIs and other parts of their project at ease. This button has been relocated to the “View” tab, but adds extra steps to toggle UI visibility and greatly interrupts my workflow when designing graphical user interface.

If roblox were to reimplement this button, it would allow me to switch between working between UIs and other parts of my game much more efficient and thoughtless. Previously, it was just a simple click. Now, I have to click on “View”, toggle the button, click on whatever tab I was on before, all before I can continue work. When I am frequently switching between UI work and other work, this can become quite the bottleneck to my development.

18 Likes

It’s not a complete replacement, but click the Dropdown arrow on your Quick Access bar at the top left. You can then add “UI Visibility” via the “Advanced Customisation” section.

I agree though that this is a bit of a niche workaround for something that really didn’t have a need to move.

11 Likes