Bubble Chat Not Working

and could you try enable the default chat along with this script temporarily? Thanks~

Works in studio, but not in-game.

Restarted several times, still no luck.

3 Likes

Do you happen to fork the chatscript? Or you are just using the default one?

Currently using the default one

1 Like

Just make sure. So you mean even you check the LoadDefaultChat under Chat Service and publish it, the chat still not showing up?

This seemingly broke for all games that use bubble chat, including mine. This fixed the problem for me: Enable bubble chat?

2 Likes

LoadDefaultChat is checked, also using the temporary script you provided in StarterPlayerScripts, still no luck

I think this may be a roblox wide issue, the chat doesnt work for several of the games i have went to.

EDIT: Think this should become a critical issue?

4 Likes

Seems to be the solution for me too, thanks dude.

Is it only with the bubble chat or along with the default chat?

The games I run are for all kinds of chat, bubble, classic, both.

Not my game but this game is a entire universe and several places on this universe also don’t have working chat

All my games have bubble chat only and all are having the same issue. Quite annoying, but hopefully it’ll get fixed soon.

It seems one of our recent changes unexpectedly made the bubble chat only state not work correctly. For temporary fix to keep your games running, we would suggest doing the following:

• run your place in studio
  • copy the ClientChatModule under ChatService
  • stop running and paste it to ChatService
  • open the ChatSettings under ClientChatModules
  • manually set the BubbleChatEnabled to true

However, if you are using this temporary solution just to fix the bubbleChat Only places, we would highly suggest you switch to the new api under ChatService’s new BubbleChatEnabled when we official release it and delete this forked folder of client chat module. This would help us deliver better in-game support to you in the future. Your understanding is well-appreciated!

33 Likes

I can confirm my game no longer has bubble chat

2 Likes

Could you try the method post above?

1 Like

My game was not working with bubble chat but this temporary solution fixed it. It would be nice to have an announcement somewhere letting me know when I can deleted the forked version of the ClientChatModule.
Thanks.

Sure. Thanks for your cooperation. :slight_smile:

We did this at our places that had the issue. This resolved the problem. Thank you.

My games are broken too.