Bubble Chat on mobile (and desktop?) cuts off

I’ve noticed that more short words get cut off than large phrases. Namely, these are words like “hi”, “bye”, and acronyms like “omg”, “brb”, and “gtg”.

1 Like

This has been happening to me and a bunch of others on desktop for the past week or so.

This this has also happened to me in my Mac. Idk if it’s still happening as I haven’t had it now for a few days.

Yes, this has happened to me, but it isn’t consistent. Most of the time bubble chat works fine, but every now and then a single word will be cut off the end.

Edit: I’m on desktop, windows.

+1, happening to me too on Windows 10.
Seems to be every game I play on too, hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Can confirm that this happens on desktop. Why is this still a thing?

1 Like

It only happens for certain words or phrases. For example, every time I say “rip” alone in a message, it will always get cut off and just show up as “ri”. Or at least that’s how my experience has been so far on PC.

This bug started again happening this week in games on all devices. For example if I say: “sir”, the word in bubble chat would be “si”. I don’t know what is the cause of this bug, maybe a new update to the bubble chat is going to be out soon or it’s just a technical issue.

1 Like

I’ve had it happen randomly with long phrases. The last word in the phrase is cut off. Most often it seems to happen when the last word could have been moved to the second line of the bubble, but it’s only one word so it gets cut off instead. But its been completely random too, with no connection to line width or number of characters.

1 Like

Super annoying. This is still happening to both my games and in other games.

This is happening with almost half of my messages, much worse than it ever was before. It’s almost unbearable, please treat this as a priority issue and fix as soon as possible.

1 Like

This has been happening for a while. I have been experiencing this on PC since late 2019 and it is a very irritating bug which is not only affecting mobile players

A temporary workaround I’ve found is to fork the bubble chat script and set the “BubbleText” TextLabel’s TextSize to 21.

1 Like

So it’s been like this for a month or two, and it’s really annoying to speak in games where the chat is limited to the bubble chat.

I’m not sure if this applies for everyone, but it seems like everyone else I converse with sees the same thing, and I searched far and wide, but it seems noone else has reported this problem anywhere.

The problem is like this: Whenever you speak something, there’s a slight change it can cut off. It’s not random though, you can say “brb” and it comes off as "br ". And when it gets cut off, it always gets cut off.

Here’s a video of it in action.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am happy everyone is using bubble chat! I am sorry for you all who are encountering this bug. We have identified that this bug is caused by improper sizing of the text bubble in conjunction with text layout sizing. We have just authored a fix for this bug and we are expecting it to roll out to users soon. The good news is that the fix is lua based and distributed via game servers so it will be available on all clients sooner than a change to the engine. Happy chatting!

14 Likes

Any news on when the fix will release? I am still having this issue.

1 Like

Hi MrSlimeDud, we are in the process of finishing it – right now we are in the QA to verify we are not regressing any features. Hopefully it will release soon™, and thank you for your patience so far!

4 Likes

I hate to bump this again, but its been over 2 months with no new word. Is the new bubblechat the only fix? Because not many games are implementing it, and every other game still has this issue.

Sorry for bothering you again. :wink:

1 Like

This doesn’t just happen only on mobile, desktop users (like me) have experienced it as well when long messages are typed into chat, the chat bubble cuts off.

1 Like

Old Bubblechat should be getting the fix too, let me confirm with you where that change is right now. Some games may have implemented their own copy of bubble chat - in the case they would have to upgrade their custom scripts to get the changes.

4 Likes