BubbleChat's Epic Makeover

Although the new bubble chat is aesthetically pleasing, it really is focusing on one genre, in this case, more cartoony. But, in some games you need a quick reaction, sharp boxes, and static movement, and this doesn’t really help that. If we can have customly made bubble chats, that would be great. For example, if you wanted to change the background image you can do something like:

game:GetService("ChatService"):SetBubbleChatImageId("0000000000")

If we can customise the bubble chat it would be nice, these are some things you might consider: ImageAssetId
Custom Font
Offset(Offset from the head in Vector3 )
Sound(Played when chatted)

Overall this is a great feature, keep improving Roblox!

95 Likes

Exciting stuff! :slight_smile:

We’re interested in joining the closed beta: [🎃] Rogue Lineage - Roblox

Just out of curiosity - will it be possible to change the corners on the bubbles? Some games might look better with a more square bubble.

48 Likes

Hello! I’d like to test this feature on my place: CHRISTMAS! 🎄 Ivy Cafe V3 - Roblox

Thanks in advance!

16 Likes

Sweet update, I would like to use this in my games and see other games use it as the Bubble Chat as it looks so much more modern and with the tweening when zoomed out and in, it’s just so good! I do wish the chat got a make-over…

Question: Would it be possible to add in gradients for text or the background itself? I would like to see gradients have more use to the chat Engine and other components!

Another Question: When will a change to the chat be available anytime? I feel like it’s a bit too bland with the Bubble Chat improvement/makeover, would love an answer to that. :smile:

Quick Question: Will we get the chance of having the setting to disable/enable Bubble Chat and Classic Chat?

Here are my Place ID(s) as I would love to test this out: 5367051423 & 5685712549

21 Likes

Henlo, I would like to test out the new bubble chat update! Link to game:
ID: 5062990332

Edit: Chat is disabled on my server, any reason to this?? I mean like the chat text shows up on the top right but the chat bubble does not show up at all.

17 Likes

Opinion on it being a CoreScript: no
Opinion on it being based on Roact: no

Just gonna dump the current BubbleChat before it gets removed.

The animationbs look pretty slick tho.

image but this clipping issue triggers me

58 Likes

What about an option to enable something that makes it so that theres a bubble displayed with (…) whilst a player is typing.

Also great update,

interested in closed beta: [2XP + STORY MODE] Ken Omega - Roblox

22 Likes

I’m interested in having this enabled in my game.

PlaceID: 679498303

23 Likes

This is great, but, will the chat itself get a makeover as well? It’s been the same for over 4 years, so love applied to bubblechat would be great if applied to the chat itself too :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Really cool!

Something that stood out in that video - could you fix those grey edges on the images?

77 Likes

No wonder the old bubble chat has had a visual glitch that was never fixed for months loool

Anyways, I would like to try it out but on my game’s test place Test Place - Roblox

16 Likes

Looks great!

Can I get my game added to the closed beta?

9 Likes

Will the bubblechat on old places be automatically updated to this version?

12 Likes

Speaking of bubble background color, it would be cool if there was a bubble background stroke so that the bubble can look more neat!!

Here is an example of a bubble having a “neon blue” background stroke:

29 Likes

I’m not a fan of the minimize/hidden distance. I work at a few places as a Middle Rank and I need to see if anybody is trolling in the distance, but with this I can’t.

Question: How would you change the color of the text?

17 Likes

Whilst I appreciate all the time and effort that went into this, I have to ask - is it really necessary? The current BubbleChat works fine (or did until the recent text cutting bug emerged) and I’m not sure anybody was really interested in a new version. Just feels like the time that went into it could’ve been better spent on other features.

EDIT: Can we also get clarification on if Dialogs will change to the new style if enabled (and if so, I would hope the old/current Dialog style is triggered if you have a fork of the old BubbleChat script)?

22 Likes

Wow! This is a great update! Please add this place to the list: 5539704020. Thank you so much, if you could let me know when you have done that it would be appreciated! :grinning:

12 Likes

Im interested 5596573874

This is one most the greatest updates for chat!

8 Likes

Nice to see this getting some attention however I have to say I’m disappointed it’s a CoreScript

15 Likes

Hi!
What a fresh update, I’m really happy to see how Roblox is updated these time, it offer to us more tools to make better game, I’m really hyped about this new feature, especially knowing that BubbleChat edits will be way more easier, as it used to be hard to edit! I would like also to join the beta! Here is my place ID: 4988915649 ([GRAND OPENING] Elysia Cafe V1 - Roblox) / Elysia Cafe V1!

14 Likes