BubbleChat is one of the few aspects of Roblox that has hardly changed—in functionality or appearance—over the years. It’s time to give BubbleChat some love, y’all!
Meet the new-and-improved BubbleChat, featuring:
- Brand new visuals powered by Roact
- Animated transitions that make it feel more alive
- Better performance under the hood
- Many new customization options
Ready to see this glow up? Check it out:
The customization options available for this closed beta include:
- Setting bubble duration
- Maximum amount of bubbles above a single character
- Text font
- Text color
- Bubble background color
- Minimize/hidden distance
Now let’s talk about the release plan :
- This feature will soon be ready for closed beta testing. If you’re interested in having it enabled for your game, please reply to this topic saying you’re interested along with a link to the specific Place ID. Your feedback on everything from performance to customization will be greatly appreciated!
- When the closed beta testing is concluded, we’ll create API for ChatService to toggle and customize the new BubbleChat.
- After we’ve reviewed feedback and the new BubbleChat has been thoroughly tested, it will be made public.
We want to make the new BubbleChat as accessible and friendly as possible - customizing it should be as simple as toggling a property.
Differences between new BubbleChat and current BubbleChat :
The new BubbleChat will be a CoreScript because it relies on many libraries and we don’t want to pollute the development environment with those. Unfortunately, developers won’t be able to see the source or fork it to make their own customized versions, but we hope to provide enough customization options that forking becomes unnecessary. But don’t worry! If you would rather stick to using the old BubbleChat, you will still be able to use it or fork it like normal.
Give us your feedback!
We want to know:
- What kind of additional customization features would you like for us to add?
- Are there any other features or improvements related to BubbleChat that you’d like to see?
We’re looking forward to getting your thoughts on these improvements!