Bug Report Wizard Update - Let the Magic Begin!

Feature requests are more complicated.

With bug reports, there’s almost always a concrete well specified problem that’s owned by a specific team that both the developer reporting the issue and the engineer fixing the bug want to suss out. Also there’s a very binary “has it been fixed yet” status. As such it’s useful to collect and make use of more structured information about bugs.

With feature requests things usually aren’t so clear, because there’s multiple ways that the developers needs can be filled and it’s more of a creative process figuring out what overlap of needs there is and how best to fill it.

6 Likes

I’m sure that this new addition can further decrease the number of duplicates out there!

When will the option to vote for bugs and features come back? I’ve only seen them for a day then they got removed, although it was a great idea (people can vote on which feature/bug they want to add/fix next).

3 Likes

Thats great and all, but only regulars and above can post, and there is NO way to become a regular…

5 Likes

Wait, isn’t their already a bug report thing where you can just make a new forum and send it?

I agree and understand what you mean by this, I want this feature back too.

This is great! Much more convenient compared to the old method!

And it would be even better… if I could use it.

I’m bringing this up again because I’m still waiting for this to be re-added. There are quite a few people like me who are stuck on member level and are still unable to use features like this one.

11 Likes

Any idea when non regulars will either be able to rank up to regulars or report bugs? I have personally found several serious bugs over time but have had extreme difficulty reporting them. Several times I’ve made a post to bulliten board and requested it to be moved like the old policy to report bugs was, and it’s been completely ignored.

This needs to be resolved.

3 Likes

See the statement at the end of the main post, it’s a bit easy to miss after the screenshots.

6 Likes

We understand that but is there any sort of idea on when regular promotion will be available to members is the question that I and many are trying to an answer since I personally don’t see anything in the dev forums on the improvement to obtaining the regular role! Do you have any sort of idea when or you have no clue when the promotion will become available?

8 Likes

This would be helpful if only you promoted members. It’s almost been a year ago since that was a thing.

1 Like

Can members still submit bug reports via PMing Bug_Support?

i actually have that same question too and maybe a few other people have them too

when i think about it, i’m thinking that allowing members to make topics in #bug-reports would be a good thing since people can post their bug reports there instead of doing it in #forum-feedback:forum-bugs or #bulletin-board
but then again, i’m thinking it might be a bad thing since some people like making fake bug reports like off topic posts on there

but i do still wish that soon, members can finally make topics in #bug-reports since only regular+ can make topics in that category

3 Likes

All I can say is… Wow. I’m sure this will be very helpful for Regulars+ to submit bug reports! Do you plan to make a feature request wizard?

This is cool but it is currently only accessible for Regular+.

If this statement was true, there would be much more change around Roblox’s platform. It has been around 9 to 10 months where Members cannot post feature requests or bug reports. Blocking off a good amount of developers restricts growth and discourages developers. I have wanted to support many feature requests but cannot due to being only a Member.

This is probably the best news here! Will this be applied in other forms of feedback such as Feature Requests?

That’s odd, not sure when that was the case. The last time I reported a bug as a TL1, I was directed to directly send a message to the bug report team, with the full details. It was eventually moved to the main forums and a response was attached. The system is definitely still awkward though.

For further information:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/how-do-we-send-bug-report-to-roblox-without-getting-ignored/1278133/11

1 Like

In my case, I’ve been stuck on it for the past three.

Many users such as myself, additionally, have many badges to set ourselves apart from standard members of the forum; including the post approval legacy badge.

It also doesn’t make sense that I would be invited to be an event organizer and PlayFab analyist, but once I ask to be a regular, I get back a “we will let you know when the regular role is obtainable.”

Some of the regulars have gone practically silent, so a new system would be nice to introduce new perspectives on issues.

8 Likes

I actually used this yesterday night to report a bug, was very streamlined and a good addition to the forum!

Well this was one hell of a clickbaity let down.

Imagine wasting the time making a fancy helper tool when you could be: creating a new system for regular applications, cracking down on under 13s, trying to fix #development-discussion, just to name a few enormously glaring issues that a very large portion of the devforum users are complaining about.

1 Like

Bug report update is here and it looks amazing, but I think there should be more options in the future such like maybe a beta feature bug selection or possibly other important issues that could be more common than we think it is? I understand there’s a “other” choice but if we were put in bugs that are common besides display glitches or crashing category it would make both the people who look at the bugs and the user’s experience much more faster and smoother.

This is great and all but is there a way to become a regular already? I’ve been active for 3 whole years already and have never been promoted, as the only way to get promoted was through the post-approval system which was been abandoned a year ago without any word since. Did I miss an announcement about it? Because currently there’s thousands of people waiting to be promoted because they’re unable to access a large part of the forums.

4 Likes