Bug that allows you to hide new coregui

forgot to post this here, i found a way to make this work on the current CoreGUI
you just need a custom teleport GUI + the bug in the first post

Example place:
join place: A Vision of Shadows - Roblox (you join here)
main game: A Vision of Shadows - Roblox (teleports to here w/o coregui)

EDIT: This variant of the bug got patched or my game broke since it shows the gui after teleports again. Funnily enough they still havent patched it with the new topbar

3 Likes

Roblox has been aware of bugs like this for at least 2 years and they havent patched this one yet?

is this an intended feature???

1 Like

No need for them to patch this out… Having no coregui is honestly an upgrade compared to the buggy Lua-React abomination they’re pushing on us in the Updated Experience Controls update.

I’d rather have to recreate the entire CoreGUI from scratch than have to make “accommodations” so that mess barely looks good in my game. No CoreGUI also means more performance, too! :wink:

13 Likes

im only wondering since they patched all other variants of this bug (deleting PlayerGui, etc.)

1 Like

A user named K_J (ChatGPTT) has been suggesting this on some more devforum posts somewhere, This is a bad idea, I would not rely on this but you should rather use this workaround which is the harmless way because it does not affect ingame so mobile players do not have to suffer and that scammers can’t use it to get an advantage. This only works on studio:

local oldnames = {}

for i, v in pairs(game:GetChildren()) do
	oldnames[v] = v.Name
	v.Name = "CoreGui"
end
task.wait(0.5)
for i, v in pairs(oldnames) do
	i.Name = v
end

Also you should have reported this bug privately not publicly as this is a dangerous bug. So what if you hate new coregui? You can just use old coregui since the new coregui is still a option as a beta feature on studio.

2 Likes

It’s useless if it only works in Studio. Malicious users cannot take advantage of this either in any way, shape or form in any meaningful way when PC users can just close the app via every other way other than the ESC menu, and Mobile and Xbox users can do the same.

This has nothing to do with the new or old CoreGui other than the fact that disabling it gives your game more performance and allows you to have a consistent style without an intrusive and buggy watermark.

Let developers have control over how their game interfaces with Roblox.

Note here:

4 Likes

Whats the note about?

It’s just a reference about their mention of the performance issues associated with the new coregui.

1 Like

Oh, is this for everyone? I didn’t think that everyone has this issue.

1 Like

I certainly do. Roblox has been using more and more overall memory and is more resource heavy than it was even 2-3 years ago, for truly no reason. My game is extremely lightweight and follows the same design standards that Roblox games had followed whether directly or indirectly prior to 2016, but, my game, along with the games inspired by it suffer from issues and slowdowns that source completely from the incompetence of Roblox’s modern engineers.

You do not need to code everything in React Lua. You do not need to make everything look like some webdev’s first Electron app. You do not need to force these unneeded changes down everyone’s throats without suitable alternatives and a proper way to remove and disable this bloat.

These things are only symptoms, and the root cause of these terrible changes stems from Roblox going public. Even earlier than that we could even come to the conclusion that the co-founder of Roblox dying is that truly started this strange spiral down.

With every single good change Roblox makes, someone else seems to have to make three bad changes, forcing developers to become stuck in a limbo of dealing with horrible “updates” while being satisfied with one good thing every once in a while.

4 Likes

I do and I believe everybody do, but the impact differs wildly with different hardware configurations and devices. It’s not as severe for me as yours but it still exists as an issue. But it’s kinda a huge issue on my low-end Samsung Galaxy M12 phone for example, I just get a huge spike and a 1-2 freeze in the game before the Roblox in-game escape menu opens.

1 Like

“Dangerous” is remote code execution

its just a variation of a well known bug thats been spread around for a while

most clients have the new UI rolled out so that doesn’t mean anything (+ i used this bug to do some cool things prior to the new topbar before it got patched originally)

I literally have this enabled in some of my public places specifically for mobile because the new coreUI is too big on my mobile devices (and got rolled out to all of them months ago)

Scammers getting an advantage? How would scammer get an advantage? They can still phish people and the people who fall for that stuff dont pay attention to see if theres a roblox menu button in the corner.

If somebody were REALLY committed, they could technically make a fake roblox menu and a fake home page and everything so the player thinks they left the game. Then they could prompt purchases if you try buying something off of the fake catalog or something and steal your money that way.

But lets be honest… this is a stretch and nobody would do this just for a simple scam that has a very low chance of working anyway.

3 Likes

How did you do this? When I do it, it just glitches my camera

1 Like

You need to load custom coresripts

2 Likes

Oh, OK.
I was just curious and a bit angry because everything worked well with my 6 year old device without graphic card and now with a brand new device with graphic card the freeze is here.

1 Like

Bro I should make the entire system from scratch? And with PlayerScripts deleted where will I put my other scripts now?

ReplicatedFirst?

i’ve never really used PlayerScripts

Thanks for the ideas

haha jk

This should be a good thing for the most part, for example it allows games that simulate old Roblox to work better. Stop giving Roblox ideas to make it harder to experience old Roblox again lol!

2 Likes