Building question

I mainly use .50 and .10 for scaling. I just feel its easier to use scales with a base of 10.

1 Like

Yep, my friend uses it though and LOVES it. So if you know how to use it and like it, I encourage everyone that uses to keep uses it. Itā€™s a great tool. :slight_smile:

I used the grid a little bit in one project a long time ago and I didnā€™t really find it helpful, never used it again.

Thereā€™s a grid?

3 Likes

No, I use F3x which lets me know how many studs Iā€™ve moved a part

What f3x increment?

You can change it, and it really depends.

Most of the time I use 0.2, 0.25, and 0.1, occasionally going into 0.01 or 0.05 to manage really tiny details.

For gun building (or any models that I size down afterwards) I use 0.5, and of course for larger structures I use a combination of the many.

1 Like

I usually have a small grid for rotation, and no grid for movement. I find if I donā€™t use a grid for rotation, parts end up crooked.

1 Like

I just have my movement/resize increment hotkeyed so I can change it at-will just by typing and I tend to change it often depending on the specific part of a build Iā€™m working on. Same goes for rotation.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never found it necessary to utilize the grid when I build. I just use Build V4 and use certain increments and it works out fine. Build V4 indicates how much youā€™re changing itā€™s position, size, or rotation so you can keep track of how big your build is. In terms of size perspective, just use a Mannequin Robloxian. The increments I use are 1, .5, .25, .125, .0625, and so on for resizing and movement. I feel like these increments are the most efficient as theyā€™re all related in terms of distance.

1 Like

See thats weird to me.
Im more of a 1,.5,.2,.1,.05,.025 kinda guy

5 Likes

I suppose, but .2 could never go into .5, youā€™d have to revert to .1. I feel like the way I do it is a lot more easy all-round.

1 Like

I build with the grid only when I have to be precise with the alignment. I prefer f3x however for scaling and other options it provides.

I never use grids simply because I never find good use of them in my buildings

When I build, I always use two plugins: Building Assistant and qCmdUtl. They work amazingly well in combination with each other.

Studio Build Suite is an improved version of qCmdUtl, I recommend you to try it out

Never even knew it existed.

I have been building for years now, and Iā€™ve never used a grid before (or even knew this was a thing)

I usually run by increments of 0.25 down to 0.05, so everything I build runs by fives, and itā€™s not too hard to fix if something isnā€™t line up. I sort of just use the increment to line things up, and make sure to account for how far I moved a part. This is why I enjoy using tools like F3X, because it shows you how far youā€™ve moved a brick, how far youā€™ve resized it, how many degrees youā€™ve rotated it, etc.

2 Likes

Puts me off to be fair, unless Iā€™m inserting meshes I donā€™t.

No.