Building Texture Combos?

I am creating a small building for a little checkpoint, but I am having trouble finding good texture/color combos for the lower wall, trim, upper wall, and roof.

• I want it to look a little like a national park checkpoint, but any ideas or suggestions help.
  • I am just having issues finding color and texture combos.
  • I’ve tried looking but can’t find anything.

Here is the building I am making.

1 Like

I would suggest looking at reference pictures and basing your material choice from that.

3 Likes

You can also use custom textures, or a texture pack in the toolbox. I usually always have a texture that im looking for.

1 Like

Have you had a look at the newer Roblox materials? Go to MaterialService in the explorer and change the Use 2022 Materials value, they might suit it better. It might be a Beta Feature, I can’t check right now though.

I think you should use 2 tones of a single colour like the ones you already have. Try changing the brick to concrete or try the newer brick texture, and use a darker shade of colour for the cobblestone (match the metal rim with this colour), and a lighter shade for the bricks/concrete.
If you use the peach-ish colour for this, make it quite a bit less saturated.

If you really don’t like any of the textures, you can use the AI texture creator which is actually pretty good, I think this is a Beta Feature (File > Beta Features) and you can create material variants based on a descriptive prompt. Or search in the Toolbox.

1 Like

Try this plugin, it has a lot of single-map textures that might help you

If you really wish to, you could try experimenting with a physical texture. Like, put a brick mesh inside the wall and extrude it so it pops. It’s a fun method, but potentially performance heavy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.