Building Tools | build like Bloxburg

image|420, 75%

Bloxburg Building Tools offers a seamless and efficient building experience inspired by the “Welcome to Bloxburg” system.

Background

Building in Roblox can be frustrating and time-consuming. That’s why I created the Bloxburg Building Tools plugin, to simplify the process and help you create stunning structures effortlessly.

Whats This?

The Bloxburg Building Tools plugin is user-friendly and intuitive, allowing precise building within Roblox. Its familiar interface lets builders of any experience create detailed, beautiful structures effortlessly. With tools inspired by real architecture, you can place and manipulate parts with precision, making it perfect for crafting anything from cozy homes to entire maps.

Why Do I need This?

Currently, many builders face annoyances in building. Tired of trying to align walls, doors, trims, and other objects perfectly, only to end up with glitching pieces and imprecise placements?

Bloxburg Building Tools is here to save the day! Heres why YOU need THIS:

1. NO Glitches: Scripts ensure that every piece fits PERFECTLY, eliminating glitching parts. This means you can focus on your getting things done!

2. Easy: The interface is inspired by “Welcome to Bloxburg,” making it easy for users to begin building with a system you already know and love.

3. Organization: The plugin naturally organizes builds while using the plugin. Never worry about losing objects again as the plugin groups similar objects in folders and gives them naming conventions.

4. AUTO union: The plugin automatically unions your doors and windows with walls and trims with high accuracy. NEVER deal with annoying unions AGAIN!

But I don’t want to use Bloxburg’s models!

1. Originality: There are NO stolen assets in Bloxburg Building Tools. The plugin lets you easily add your custom models to the building system to give your game that original feel.

You NEED this plugin!

NOTHING ruins a build like imprecise part placements. Bloxburg Building Tools guarantees extreme accuracy, ensuring that every element is perfectly positioned. This level of precision gives your structures a polished, professional look, making your builds stand out in the Roblox community.

So What Are You Waiting For?

55 Likes

Oh…this plugin’s a first for me, that’s for sure. I would definitely keep this plugin in mind for my upcoming project on buildings!

11 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I’m glad you like it! I have some suggestions:

1. Download: I recommend downloading the plugin now so you don’t forget, even if you intend to use it later.
  2. Bugs: Let me know if you find any bugs as its new.
  3. Review: Please leave a positive review on the marketplace if you want to see it do well!

What do you think of my post formatting for the topic? @HelpSupport01

9 Likes

sounds like building tools 2.0, will check it out later

12 Likes

Im glad you like it! Let me know if you find any issues.

9 Likes

This looks really useful! I’d like to suggest that you remove the “$999,999,999” money counter shown in the demo video; it’s not really needed and makes the UI take up more space on the screen, albeit not much.

9 Likes

It makes the UI and code look stolen… doesn’t it… :face_holding_back_tears:

14 Likes

I found that most of the code has a message that says:

-- Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA)
-- You must give appropriate credit to AverageRobloxDev2 and distribute any derivative works under the same license terms.

I haven’t seen anybody say AverageRobloxDev2 here. This person isn’t on your friends list, so you’re likely stealing from them. Why?

4 Likes

AverageRobloxDev2 is my developer roblox account. Its the same avatar used in the preview video too.

5 Likes

I guess that makes sense. Why does the UI look 1:1 to Bloxburg’s though? Is it just for familiarity to feel like the same controls? I have never really built anything in that game, though.

6 Likes

The bloxburg GUI was made using Roblox Studio. Similarly, I’m a Roblox developer who has a lot of experience using Roblox Studio so I am able to replicate the appearance closely.

The purpose of using the same GUI is because the plugins purpose is to replicate the functionality of welcome to bloxburg. Having the same GUI allows existinf bloxburg builders to quickly begin using it while also making it easier for me to script as I can use an existing system.

Also if you notice, there are differences and its not a 1:1 copy. For example if you look closely at the side button layout while building, the plugin does not have some of the same buttons as the game.

5 Likes

Also, on top of that, I noticed that the edges of walls don’t connect. This may be a thing in Bloxburg (I haven’t played in a long time so I’m not really sure) but it’d be nice if this could be fixed.

4 Likes

this doesn’t make any sense, we are not building a house in roblox studio we are building a map

11 Likes

I am looking in the normal bloxburg and it seems to connect without that space. I wonder how they did that. Its possible they implemented a feature where when walls are detected to connect at angles it adds parts to fill the gap.

It also seems like bloxburg has thinner walls. But I dont think addinf thinner walls would fix it anyways.

What do you think?

5 Likes

My only guess is that they use a system similar to the GapFill plugin for angled walls, and simply extend one of the walls if they’re forming a square shape (I don’t exactly know how else to describe it.)

With ‘thinner walls’, do you mean the inner walls that have a different material/texture & color from the outer walls?

6 Likes

This is actually a really interesting plugin. I’m not a very good builder, but have played bloxburg in the past and always thought it would be cool to export my builds to studio.

The plugin is not perfect; there’s a lot of errors while using the floor/roof placer, but I can definitely see this being used by even more advanced builders if the errors get cleaned up and some more customization is added.

I think the idea of having the plugin look similar to Bloxburg isn’t a bad idea, but I’d suggest switching it up here and there so it’s not directly copying. Also, maybe instead of calling the plugin “Bloxburg Building Tools”, maybe have it something like “Building Tools | build like Bloxburg”.

9 Likes

After briefly using the plugin, I believe it has great potential with some refinements.

There are still several bugs, particularly with flooring and roofing, but the ability to group and organize everything into folders is incredibly useful. Allowing users to integrate their own assets for a more seamless workflow is another excellent feature.

I can see myself using this once it’s fully developed and would actually prefer it as a plugin widget to give it a unique style.
Some advise:

• Assemble a collection of pre-made assets you created to briefly populate the UI. This also doubles at showing people where to put things.
  • Move to a Widget
  • Get your own identity, brand around being similar to bloxburg.

All in all, this looks like a great thing. Keep up the good work.

7 Likes

I have a good idea on how to make the plugin more fun!

Have a option to limit the “money” or “budget” just like in the real game
(ofc it should be optional, but it would be a fun extra to have)

5 Likes

@baseparts @DevHue

Thanks for the feedback guys. Regarding flooring and roofing it requires you to place 4 points in a perfect rectangle or square.

Im not exactly sure how bloxburg does it, but I was finding it incredible difficult working with triangles because Robloz does not support triangles.

Thus, without acesss to triangles, its harder to make more complex shapes.

For example, roblox does not have a “triangle part” so I would have to do something like import a triangle from blender.

Bloxburgs entire building system seems to revolve around triangles. For example when you make a square, it puts 2 triangles together to make the shape. This is the same for all their other shapes

5 Likes

What i mean by thinner walls is that my walls are bulkier than theirs. Because of the bulky walls maybe it leaves more gaps

4 Likes