Building Tools | build like Bloxburg

That sounds interesting. I may explore something like this when I fix all the bugs.

However one thing is that this might make the plugin a bit complex because they would have to add prices for each added item.

3 Likes

could use a cylinder for the gaps and turn the wall and cylinder into a union

1 Like

Alright I will experiment with this. I’m still trying things.

1 Like

@andreas756iv @CompWasHere @1DiamondBor

Appologies for a semi mass ping, However I have exciting news. I’ve been working hard recently and I’m proud to announce the reform to the wall placement system. The ugly gaps have been entirely eliminated from walls.

When using the wall builder, you can now expect smooth walls for coherent builds:

I will continue working hard on the plugin to improve its usability. I’m currently going to begin making the roofing and flooring system to be more adaptable just like the original game.

Please let me know any additional feedback. I’m really excited to hear what you guys think! Thank you for all the support so far.

4 Likes

I don’t think this is more efficient than other, more proficient building plugins, but the concept is certainly creative.

Do you plan to focus more on building a “Bloxburg house sandbox” or a “Roblox building tool”?

2 Likes

Thank You for the Feedback

Currently, my plugin features a few unique aspects:

• Functionality:
    Replicates Welcome To Bloxburg’s building system within Roblox Studio.

• Grid System:
    Allows users to place objects on a grid for precise placements.

• Homebuilding Simplification:
    Automatically negates and unions objects such as trims and doors to walls.

This is helpful for all users, especially with decent experience with Bloxburg’s building system. I believe this is better than some building plugins, specifically for building structures, because it simplifies tasks other plugins do not handle such as placing trims and doors.

Example:

Clarification Needed:

• Questions: If you were aware of this functionality, could you clarify what you mean by “Bloxburg house sandbox” or “Roblox Building Tool”?
  • Purpose: Based on my description, I view the current plugin as fitting these categories. Your clarification would be appreciated to help me understand better.
3 Likes

@andreas756iv @CompWasHere @1DiamondBor @baseparts @DevHue

Again, sorry for semi mass ping but I have more exciting news. Following the revision of the wall placement system, I’m most excited to introduce the new FLOORING and ROOFING!

The flooring and roofing is now ERROR free!

Let me know what you think of the new system! I will be working on premade assets next such as more trims, doors, and more!

5 Likes

Looks nice. I really suggest making it so the “builds” and “buildingObjects” folders do not get inserted automatically unless you actually open the plugin.

5 Likes

In my opinion the plugin is useful. Since I could sometimes read in the beginning that the UI was mentioned several times, I thought you could make a ‘Bloxburg-like version’ and a modern one, that when you click on the plugin a drop down menu comes up with the plugin dropdown, on the left there is the button to start the plugin and on the right with settings and there the user can decide in the settings if he wants to use the modern or the Bloxburg-like one.

2 Likes

A modern version sounds good. Do you have any suggestions on how the modern GUI would look for the plugin? Are you suggesting I only change the colors in that case and changing of corners

2 Likes

I just did this quickly because I don’t have that much time at the moment. But I was thinking maybe something like this that would still have that slightly ‘like bloxburg’ and at the same time be a bit different and newer, but if someone suggests something better go ahead.

1 Like

What if instead of both gui i only did the modern one

1 Like

I just made a revision to the GUI. let me know what you think of the appearance.

1 Like

I don’t like the colors that much, but I think some people see it differently. I would either pull out the left frame with the red circles and leave a bit of space to the end and the side or I would pull the white one into the side and to the end to get rid of the gray lines there.

Well, that would work too, of course, but it depends on how you want it to end up. I think you could make the current one look a bit newer, but keep the layout and structure the same as the ‘Bloxburg like’. Maybe you could leave the money display in but you could turn it on or off if you want to.

2 Likes

I love the idea and the implementation so far. I would suggest that you also package this as a model so that it can be used by the players of a game instead of the creator only.

In my case, if I was able to use this in my game it would solve a large issue stopping me from developing my game. Other than that, pretty concrete idea which has the possibilities to grow more.

Good job!

2 Likes

If you want to use the scripts in your game it would be very easy to figure out as the plugin organizes all the different functionalities in different modules.

One consideration though is that the plugin currently works with the privledges of both the client and server so you would need to turn the modulescripts entirely client-sided and then add scripts/remote events to validate information such as that they have enough coins to buy or that the person trying to delete an object is the owner.

1 Like

Alright!

Thank you very much for the clarifications!

1 Like

Hey, this is a pretty cool plugin! This is definitely useful for beginner builders like me.
I have a question regarding the tool; does it support custom increments, as well as custom heights of the walls? Also, I think it would be nice if there were icons on the buttons to quickly tell which button is for placing the wall, door, etc.

2 Likes

It currently does not support custom settings bur I can certainly add it.

I can add things like:

1. Wall thickness
  2. Wall heights
  3. Custom increments.

Do you have any suggestions for the design it should be implemented?

I’m thinking maybe having textboxes appear when applicable for editting. Then they can edit the value in the textboz to make changes. Additionally I can save their choice as a plugin setting to save on all games?

2 Likes