Building Tools | build like Bloxburg

Good job on fixing those features in the plugin, I haven’t had time to test it, but I will re-mention some things I said previously as follow what others said about updating the user interface.

I personally believe you should move this plugin into a widget, so it feels more like an extension of studio; much like many other popular plugins right now.

I believe you need to pre-assemble some basic assets to include in all categories of the UI, this not only shows people new to the plugin how to add their models quickly, but it also populates the plugin to be used immediately so they can demo it directly after installing to see if they like it.

I’d also support you changing this plugins name - but mentioning it’s “Inspired by bloxburg”

1 Like

Im working on populating the plugin right now however its taking a bit longer than expected because I have to make custom scripts for things like doors.

1. Name change: do you have any suggestions of what name i could use?

2. Widget: Can you give an example of this widget system? If im remembering correctly the wodgets can be moved around on the screen by the developer. If so, my plugin is not compatible because it has things like side buttons.

It’s definitely a very different plugin, I’ve never seen anything like it before. Regardless, it’s fairly useful, it helped me fix some misalignment issues on one of my more recent builds. It’s a really fun premise with some actually intuitive design. Really good plugin :+1:

2 Likes

Hey guys major update! I fixed a ton of things. Also I’m planning on rebranding the plugin to get a fresh start as this current dev forum post has some outdated concerns.

Thanks for using the plugin! Let me know what you think of all the new changes.

Ping update for plugin supporters regarding the branding changes:
@Foxxive @DevHue @uhSkittle @OfflinePoggers @Dalmantes @baseparts @andreas756iv @CompWasHere @1DiamondBor @xChris_vC @bluebxrrybot @MikeartsRBLX @HelpSupport01

4 Likes

Hello! Love what you’ve done with the plugin so far, however here are some suggestions for improvement that I think could really help the user:

• I saw that fences got added, great! However it would be better to be able to drag fences instead of placing them one by one.
  • I also saw the many furniture you added which I loved! One issue I encountered was while trying to place a stove I couldn’t get it to kind of touch on the wall. It would either have a gap between the wall or it would clip into the wall even with the smallest increment options. So a good thing to consider would be to be able to kind of automatically attach furniture to the wall when they are too close. You could make that happen when the mouse goes onto the wall instead of the floor while looking to place something.

That’s all I thought from a quick session with the plugin after the update.

Once again, love the work you have done so far and I’m looking forward to seeing more!

3 Likes
A few issues I found

I hope to see the UI get changed in the future, but other than the UI and a few bugs, the plugin works nice and is fun to use

1 Like

A quick suggestion I have, I think the building objects should be put in ServerStorage instead of ReplicatedStorage, where they currently are;
ReplicatedStorage is usually used to store stuff that’s going to be accessed from either the server or client (or both), but the plugins’ building objects are only used for the plugin itself, which can kind of clutter up ReplicatedStorage if you have a lot of stuff going on in there.
A lot of plugins I have use ServerStorage to save their data (including Roblox’s built-in animation editor), since it’s the best option for storing data thats most likely not going to be needed by any scripts in the game;
So it’d probably be a good idea to migrate the buildingObjects folder there as well, imo

Alright, I will move it there.

1 Like

Hey, I just implemented your next suggestion in the current update wave. I wanted to release multiple things at once so people didnt have to spam the update buttons.

The newest update:

1. Reprogrammed The “Hide Roof” button. Wasn’t working properly before
  2. Reprogrammed the deletion system for better optimization.
  3. Organizes objects based on floor now
  4. Any object previously put in replicatedstorage is now put in serverstorage.

Tell me what you think of the new update. Let me know if you find anything else. thanks for your feedback, which has helped the plugin improve.

1 Like

The plugin looks amazing, I can really see quite a few builders using it when it’s fully developed. I think you should work on the UI as it’s awfully bright at the minute so the icons of objects aren’t that visible, perhaps add a few UICorners as it’s a bit square, or maybe add a UI Configuration system.

The grid also places it every 2 squares, perhaps make it place 1 square at a time for better precision, or again, add more settings for it. And also a paint tool, so we can color the walls, etc.

Great work, keep at it!

You should consider removing “Bloxburg” from your plugin name. I am not sure if it is trademarked or not, but if the owner(s) of Bloxburg didn’t like you using it, they could possibly request your plugin to be removed for using their brand name without their permission.

For the color functionality, isnt it true that developers can just use roblox studios color system? Also, I have cross country and lots of AP classes as a junior in high school so I barely have any time to work in roblox studio.

I’m still able to make changes but it might take a while.

Yeah, that’s fine. It was just a suggestion because if you are making a tool similar to the bloxburg system, you might as well add the misc features it has.

And regarding the grid, I suggest making it 1 grid movement instead of 2, for each of placement.

I’ve tried that out and ngl I like it. Still needs some work here and there, but all in all, this is a very useful system. Thanks alot!