Bulk change users' rank in Group Admin

As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to change the rank in a group of multiple users in a bulk.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my group experience because it makes the management of (big) groups alot more easier.

It would look like this:

This is just a simple edited screenshot using Paint, don’t mind the bad edit.

There would be checkable boxes right above the head thumbnail of every member. When you selected a group of users, you can just change the rank of one selected user and change the rank. When you did that, the rank will be changed of all selected users to the chosen role.

A case where this should be used is when you manage a group which has virtual jobs. After a training or interview sesion, you will be able to rank everyone who passed to their new rank.

I am curious about what you think about this and I love to hear additions or changes to this feature request!

21 Likes

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to hard to rank a large number of people in a group in a short amount of time. The way this issue can be solved is to make it so the player who is changing the ranks of the group members will only need to scroll to the rank on the drop-down bar once, instead of doing it multiple times for each group member they need to rank.

For example what would be searched into the player search on the configure group page would be “PLAYERNAME1,PLAYERNAME2,PLAYERNAME3,PLAYERNAME4”, you would then select the rank you want to change them to and it would change all four of the players to the same rank at the same time.

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because it would save a lot of time. For players who are admins in large groups and need to change the ranks of lots of players daily, this would change how they do it and it would also make the process go a lot faster.

I like the concept, but there would have to be some sort of anti-abuse on it, as I’ve known a few group who have fallen due to a rogue high rank mass promoting people.

That’s my only worry on this subject, apart from that it would be a great idea!

2 Likes

I think that a restriction on the number of changes per user per hour could maintain this.

2 Likes