Buy OBC with ROBUX

Much like the Developer Exchange program, but a player is able to exchange a sum of ROBUX for different levels of OBC.

1 Like

This has been suggested many times before.

Even though this seems like a good Ida to us, Roblox would lose money. I highly doubt this would ever happen. Robux are free to them, so they’d be giving it Away free.

It’s the same as dev ex, roblox can’t lose money because robux have an actual dollar value behind them (all were purchased at some point), instead, they actually gain money, since R$ go out of the economy, and BC costs them nothing (It’s just a change of a single value), unless you count that people would instead not buy BC, and just use their R$ to pay for it, but then, you’re missing the fact that that’s where there’s this insanely crazy tax on using R$ instead of real money- hence, you’re overpaying for the BC, draining the market of more robux, essentially doing the same thing as purchasing, as in a non-fiat currency, the less of the currency, the more valuable this is

Edit: and in case you don’t see why R$ being valuable is beneficial to roblox, users make a cost-value comparison before purchasing robux, and the more valuable they see the robux, the more likely they will purchase it, this is the exact same logic behind dev ex, which has hugely drained the market of robux, without just adding in more taxes everywhere to sink them, so, mission accomplished

If it were buyable for robux, it would have to cost more than the money you could make from DevEx after buying a month of OBC.
It would basically be obsolete.
On the other hand, if it cost any smaller than what would make it obsolete, someone could easily use OBC to perpetuate their OBC.

No support.

You can buy Runescape membership with in-game Gold

It might work for Roblox in the same way.

1 Like

[quote] If it were buyable for robux, it would have to cost more than the money you could make from DevEx after buying a month of OBC.
It would basically be obsolete.
On the other hand, if it cost any smaller than what would make it obsolete, someone could easily use OBC to perpetuate their OBC.

No support. [/quote]

Why would it have to cost more than the money you make from DevEx? I don’t see any logic in that, I can see logic in it costing more than the R$ you get from it, but that’s kinda like a duh thing…

[quote]
Why would it have to cost more than the money you make from DevEx? I don’t see any logic in that, I can see logic in it costing more than the R$ you get from it, but that’s kinda like a duh thing… [/quote]

What I’m saying here is that if you’re paying R$ to buy OBC simply to use DevEx, wouldn’t if just be easier if you could buy OBX and cash out on DevEx?
Let’s say that I’m cashing out 1 Million robux.
At the current rate of 1 Robux per dollar (USD), I would earn $2500.
However, we have to subtract the $20 for a month of OBC. $2480. Simple.
But wait, at the current rate, the cost for OBC that you just bought, it was worth 8,000 robux.
Is roblox going to sell a month of OBC for 8000 robux? That seems way too small for me. You can earn that by submitting a simple model that you threw together from the model maker contest.

It’s also worth mentioning that roblox needs to sell robux for more than they can exchange it at.

[quote]
Why would it have to cost more than the money you make from DevEx? I don’t see any logic in that, I can see logic in it costing more than the R$ you get from it, but that’s kinda like a duh thing… [/quote]

What I’m saying here is that if you’re paying R$ to buy OBC simply to use DevEx, wouldn’t if just be easier if you could buy OBX and cash out on DevEx?
But wait, at the current rate, the cost for OBC that you just bought, it was worth 8,000 robux.
Is roblox going to sell a month of OBC for 8000 robux? That seems way too small for me. You can earn that by submitting a simple model that you threw together from the model maker contest.

It’s also worth mentioning that roblox needs to sell robux for more than they can exchange it at.[/quote]

I don’t see 8000 robux per a month of OBC as too small. It builds up pretty fast with it being monthly. This would help people who have extremely strict parents when it comes to purchasing some things online. I know some people whom their parents does not trust the internet at all. This skips that real cash purchase problem. Purchasing a form of BC with roblox’s virtual currency converted to devex’s ratio seems fine to me.

Other game developers are allowing similar purchases.

[quote] [quote=“Weeve” post=158812]

It’s also worth mentioning that roblox needs to sell robux for more than they can exchange it at.[/quote]

I don’t see 8000 robux per a month of OBC as too small. It builds up pretty fast with it being monthly. This would help people who have extremely strict parents when it comes to purchasing some things online. I know some people whom their parents does not trust the internet at all. This skips that real cash purchase problem. Purchasing a form of BC with roblox’s virtual currency converted to devex’s ratio seems fine to me.

Other game developers are allowing similar purchases.[/quote]

Plus, it could be used as incentive for people to actually start taking part in the community as in developing, trading, buying, selling, etcetera.

[quote]

Other game developers are allowing similar purchases. [/quote]

I guess I can see your point here.
It’s just that if the cost were any lower, it would make OBC worth even less.
And generally, things need to be higher in than out. Roblox’s robux economy relies on it. You can buy 100 robux per dollar, but the exchange out is 400 robux per dollar.

If you applied this same thing that keeps roblox in business to buying OBC, it would end up being 32000 robux, which also makes it pointless.

If you could buy OBC with robux at the rate of exactly 8000 robux for one month of OBC, you would have a pointless exchange in which nothing is benefited from either side.

Maybe we can use it like DevEx, since DevEx for 100,000 is 250 dollars, so around 2,250 (I’m not good at math) would be equal to the lowest BC for a month. So each month if you have 2,250 you can have it reoccur or just once. (but there is always balancing and crap you have to go through, it’s just an idea please don’t hurt me)

8000 robux for the out price, which would total to 32000 robux.
2,250 you can make simply by being OBC for a month.

You should probably read the post above.

You should probably read the post above.[/quote]

He’s talking about 2250 for regular BC, not OBC, which, 32k for OBC doesn’t seem like a bad deal, as it is the top notch of all BCs, especially if you allow people to R$ purchase BC and TBC, so people can still have BC but not spend as much :slight_smile:

You should probably read the post above.[/quote]

He said the lowest tier of BC for a month - not OBC.

The entire point is to be able to purchase a form of Builder’s Club with robux using the current devex rates. Why the hell would they sell BC for 4x the devex rate? They’re already making money by letting us sink robux into devex - why not let us sink robux into buying BC too? They have no need to quadruple the price - it’s would still be profitable for them.

Oh, I read “the lowest BC for a month” as “the lowest BC: for a month”
Anyways,

They’re only making money letting us sink robux into devex by selling robux for 4X the amount as well.
BC would probably be the same way. Even without the whole 4X deal, it’s just pointless all the same. And any less than 1X, it destroys the worth of robux
But at the point where you would end up buying BC with robux at the EXACT SAME RATE as it costs in dollars, there’s literally no point in that.

If you have parents that are too afraid to buy you BC/robux, how could you have possibly gotten enough robux to buy BC in the first place?

They’re only making money letting us sink robux into devex by selling robux for 4X the amount as well.
BC would probably be the same way. Even without the whole 4X deal, it’s just pointless all the same. And any less than 1X, it destroys the worth of robux
But at the point where you would end up buying BC with robux at the EXACT SAME RATE as it costs in dollars, there’s literally no point in that.

If you have parents that are too afraid to buy you BC/robux, how could you have possibly gotten enough robux to buy BC in the first place?[/quote]

By fulfilling the Roblox dream, making a front page game, or, learning to script and selling your service, I make 1kR$ per hour scripting jobs, and I have no trouble getting plenty of serious job offers at that rate, I would buy regular BC for 5k-20k, just to do scripting jobs if I were still doing them as often.

[quote]
By fulfilling the Roblox dream, making a front page game, or, learning to script and selling your service, I make 1kR$ per hour scripting jobs, and I have no trouble getting plenty of serious job offers at that rate, I would buy regular BC for 5k-20k, just to do scripting jobs if I were still doing them as often. [/quote]
But you can’t sell things without BC.

Which is why it being purchasable is good, before, I had a BC member as my ‘banker’, and he would give robux to people for jobs I wanted done, and I would have payment for jobs I did go to him, but for an initial purchase of BC (hypothetically, if this feature was out) I would eat the 90% tax, and do enough jobs to get BC, after that, I would do only the number of jobs needed to keep BC (which would still be quite a bit) but the benefit of making people not want to lose their BC all over again means that they will be constantly working to keep it, I see buying BC with robux as just all around a great feature

Edit: not sure if you knew, but you can sell stuff at a 90% tax as NBC

I better post what happened when I brought that up with Brad Justus last year at the 2014 World Maker Faire.
He thought using Robux “to get more robux” would be bad and should just end as taking the Robux fully out. By guess is the opinions of what should be done are still relative to that.

But the robux pool remains stable, and actually is going down by the purchase of BC with robux, if by to get more robux he means that players will make games and content, and sell them to get robux, isn’t that what roblox wants, more people making content? To some people, BC can be a barrier for things they would otherwise make on roblox, and breaking this barrier by allowing them to purchase BC for just one month, allowing them to do a bunch of jobs/work/content creation to pay for the rest of their BC sounds like a win to me, you get to pull this cheapskate class of citizen out of the closet, and get him to be making content that he couldn’t without BC, and of course, there’s the tax that roblox collects when he sells whatever he made, I just don’t see how there can be any negative

The only possibility I can think of is that roblox is happy with it’s current rate of robux sink it’s getting from DevEx, and they don’t care about there being any less robux on the open market at all, or they think that people purchasing robux/BC because of the value of robux going up from the market shift won’t outweigh the immediate losses of people not buying BC