Cage Mesh Deformer - Studio Beta

This is a very nice update! I love it alot. I’ve been waiting for the 3D clothing update since 2019-2020 and now it’s finally here! And even more customizable! I just wish someone could make a video tutorial on this. And maybe how to make this work with clothes, I hate reading. But otherwise this is a pretty good step to 3D clothes, nice to see we’re getting closer. Thanks Roblox!

EDIT: Also, is this on developer.roblox.com?

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to make some clarifications.

I agree that the deformer can be used in various ways, although one of the contentions I was raising was about the deformer, among other features like Rthro, “chipping away” at Roblox’s unique brand identity as a blocky platform. The deformer is one step closer to a more realistic Roblox since blocks can take a more organic shape.

This is only an issue if Roblox is still planning on retaining its original identity as Roblox— a game that, since the beginning, has prized its brand identity on blockiness.

6 Likes

That is hilarious. Imagine the possibilities of weird funky things people could do.

9 Likes

I hope they don’t remove the blocky avatars we love and had for over 14 years, that’d be a disaster! Alot of people would be upset. And I know they might do it for advertising their game to new players but what about the old players?

5 Likes

Roblox has already stated they have no intention of removing the old avatars.

12 Likes

As a veteran on Roblox for a decade, I can attest to the point you raised that people have, for the longest time, dissented to a more realistic approach to Roblox on the grounds that online dating will consequentially grow. With the cage mesh deformer now here, layered clothing is one step closer to a strikingly realistic version of the Roblox avatar that virtually begs the question— how can such avatars not be problematic in the realm of online dating?

Take a look at the avatar used in the original post; these rigs undoubtedly raise questions about how online dating will take shape after layered clothing is released:

9 Likes

You are improving studio so fast it’s unimaginable! Thank you for your hard work!

10 Likes

Yeah I laughed so hard when I saw that image haha

4 Likes

so uh I like it and I have every bata feature active but it shows this lol

9 Likes

Thanks for replying.

First, I’d like to clarify that my objection was about Roblox’s current brand identity and not an expression of nostalgia.

Secondly, while cage mesh deforming is a great feature, not only does it detract from Roblox’s identity as Roblox, but the amount of realism present in the cage mesh deformer (which you and I both agree is what will mostly be used for clothing) is striking and begs the question about how it could not lead to online dating:

2 Likes

this is insane, we can make so more builds with that…

1 Like

Me and white man phil are very much enjoying this update, I’d like to point out there is a few skin seepages. I’d have to assume that’s a weightmap issue so It won’t point it out too much as this is still development and that’s just a testing item.

edit - On a side note if an admin would like to forward this exploiter dude to moderation that’d be nice :slight_smile:
https://gyazo.com/ab8fa1f50f51b95449fe7c7bd2ad669f

14 Likes

just add 0.25 in X or Y (vector3)

Quick question, can GFX artists like myself use this to create layered clothing for R6 players?

4 Likes

online dating isn’t exactly something i’m gonna worry about here, because people do it anyway regardless of packages, and has been happening since the dawn of roblox

11 Likes

Gosh! This looks like a godly update. I never knew anything close to this would be possible in Roblox. I’ll be sure to try it out asap with the provided files.

1 Like

It’s really interesting to be able to layer multiple layers one over the other.

44 Likes

Features like these add to Roblox’s identity, and people who look for those type of interactions on roblox use the blocky avatars anyways so it isn’t really the avatar/package that is the issue.

6 Likes

How I make layered clothing to be fit on R15?

5 Likes

By far gonna be the best update in a long time.

3 Likes