Cage Origin Error (set to 0, 0, 0) when uploading causing bugged layered clothing items

I have discovered that my new item “Black Fur Boots” are causing an alignment error with other layered clothing.

Here you can see the fur gloves on the floor of the world when equipped

But when the gloves (jacket accessory) are not equipped, you can see it looks normal.

This caused me to at first believe this was a gloves bug, but my testing has revealed it was actually the boots causing this.

The issue is this was created by roblox studio when I was attempting to upload the boots. It kept requesting that the origin of the boots be 0, 0, 0 (an unusual error message, since I’ve uploaded many layered clothing without needing to do such a thing).

It seems setting the boots origin to that is causing this behaviour with other items. And since it seems to be a new error that creators are getting, I would expect this to happen on more items in the future.

When testing, the boots look to be functioning correctly. Making it even more likely as studio keeps requesting the origin change on leg items.

A private message is associated with this bug report

7 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

I have the exact same problem.
I get an error message telling me to set the CageOrigin Position to 0,0,0, so when I reposition it like that in the studio, the item passes the moderation, but when I overlap it with other layered clothes, the position of the other layered clothes looks abnormal.

3 Likes