Calculating GFX Prices 2

My last tutorial was quite useless now that I think over it, so I put more thought and made a second tutorial, which includes an actual formula.

Calculating GFX Prices

To note: what is said in this forum is my own opinion in calculating the base price of GFXs, these do not need to be followed

Number One: Creating the image

Open

Creating your GFX will be a major part of calculating your GFX price. For reference I created a new GFX today that I will use as a reference.

This image took me about 2-3 hours to create, including render time. The effects took no longer than 10 minutes.

Depending on either how much time and effort you put into your image, that contributes to a higher cost for the calculation.

Number Two: The Formula

Open

For this new part, I have created a formula, of which can decently calculate a sort of reasonable base price, excluding the prices of any additional add-ons.

P = R T²

In other words, it is P = Rating * Time squared. In a more understanding way, the P stands for Price, the R stands for the rating of the image quality from 1-10, and the T means the amount of time in hours you spent on the image The small 2 means the value of T is to be multiplied by the power of two. For example:

P = 10x9² = 810. 810 represents the price of the GFX in Robux. This formula is an easier way of calculating a sort of reasonable base price for your GFX images.

If it is necessary, I have created a secondary formula, which contributes to a higher price of the sum.

P = (R T² + S) / 3

In other words, P stands for the price, or total sum, R stands for the rating of the image quality from 1-10, T stands for the amount of time in hours that was spent on the image, the small two meaning to multiply the value of T by the power of two, S stands for the size of the image (for example 1920x1080, you add these two numbers together), and you divide the current sum by three. For example:

P = (10x9² + 3000) / 3 = 1270. 1270 stands for the price of the image in Robux.

Number Three: Additional Add-ons

Open

This part is just to remind anyone who reads this that additional add-ons aren’t included in the base price, any additional add-ons will be decided by the creator of the GFX image.

But, just because I had an idea, I created a second formula that combines with the first formula.

P = R T²
P = S T / ¾

In other words, the first formula is explained in number two, but the third formula means; S means the sum of the first formula, T equals the total amount of additional addons, and the ¾ symbol means to multiply the total sum by three-quarters. For example;

P = 1270x2 ¾ = 1905. 1905 is the price of the GFX in Robux. In case of a half number, simply round up .5 to the nearest number, so your total isn’t 1000.5, but 1001.

In case you still don’t understand, I will provide another example of the GFX I created.

For the GFX I created today, using the formula P = R T² and P = (R T² + S) / 3, my total base price becomes either 72 Robux or 1024 Robux, depending on which formula I use.

In other words, if you believe your calculated price is too low, consider using formula two, or use the additional add-on formula if you have any additional add-ons for your GFX.

I do know this isn’t the greatest of solutions, but it proves to save someone a bit of time to calculate a good price for their GFX.

I do hope this second tutorial proves to help people unlike the first one, and if you did not understand something I said, reply stating your issue and I’ll try to solve it.

7 Likes

While I think this is a very cool formula for people to use, I think it underpays the GFX work. 2-3 hours of work for $3.5 USD ($1.16 USD/hour), very clearly a not fair rate.

9 Likes

The idea with this post is really good but as a GFX artist myself I do not agree with the results.
If I’m providing a service I need to make sure I get enough for my time. Spending multiple hours on something and receiving not even 1000 robux is not fair as that equates to $3.
With the GFX you made for this post, it is worth a lot more than you’re saying. 72 robux is completely unacceptable and 1024 isn’t great. While editing time, render time and all that stuff should play a part in what you set your prices at they shouldn’t be the only factors.
To set my prices, I’ve looked at other artists and how much they price. I look at portfolios of artists who are at a higher, similar and lower skill level and see how much they charge to determine what I charge. I also take into account what programmes I use and how long it takes me.
I personally believe that an artists prices should be set by how much they think it’s worth and the effort, time and resources they put into it as every artist is different. Guides can be helpful and comparison with other prices can help but I don’t believe the prices you’ve set are fair.

5 Likes

Super flawed. If an image takes less than an hour to make, you are losing money. P = R(T^2), right? If Rating = 4 and Time = 0.5, P = 4 * 0.25 or P = 1.

Still too low, but better. If the above situation were the case but the image were 100x100, the price would be 67 which is more reasonable, but still low. And besides, who is to judge rating?

2 Likes

You dont really need a formula, when setting your prices. Just make a portfolio of works and get used to rendering, afterwards start at 500-1k and then open your comms, if you get an excess of people just keep increasing till you find a stable amount.

2 Likes

I feel like the formula is unessecary. My best method on to price your work is ad how much time it takes for me to finish, times the amount of customers I get per month.

Price your works on your demand, and how much time it takes. If your prices are good and u get lots of customers keep them, if u don’t get a good amount lower em, this kinda gives a good idea how to price your work.

A good starting price is 500-1k then as u gain more experience, you can raise.