Camera Location Broken For Some Profile Pictures

Introduction:

Hello everyone, so I was looking around the Roblox Profile Search, Group Members, Comments, Home Page and I noticed every few pages you would see a new camera location some users. So far I’ve found about 2 variations besides the normal headshot. I’ve put some pictures in the proof section below.

Specs:

I’m using Safari version 13.1.2. Safari updated today.

Steps:

• Look up a key word that might be used in a lot of usernames like “Roblox, Star, John”. or just go to the Roblox home page or any place you see players icons.

• Look through the search results and you will find some.

Proof:

Normal:
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 5.41.53 PM
Varient 1:
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 5.40.34 PM
Varient 2:
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 5.34.39 PM

Edit Note:

I’ve edited this to more than search because I’ve noticed it’s any where profile pictures show up.

19 Likes

I’ve had the exact same problem recently, and I am using Chrome 84.0.4147.89. It happened to my avatar, but when I refreshed the page it reverted back to the original Headshot style. It was pretty random. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I saw this happen to my friends profile picture a few hours ago, the variant 2 angle specifically. That was the only time it happened though. Other profile pictures were still normal after that. I’m using Brave btw.

2 Likes

Same problem and I’m using Firefox

1 Like

Same problem is happening to me:sdf

Also, I made a topic about this but it is stuck in moderation :expressionless:

5 Likes

I’ve managed to come across all of them on just one row of friends. How does this happen? Like for iiau’s it seems like it might be the gear but this doesn’t happen to other friends with a gear equipped. It seems quite random with no reasoning on why it does this.

4 Likes

This glitch happened to one of my friends in Murder Mystery 2, it turns out my friend is now identified as a default Roblox place.
Jokes aside, I am having the same issue.

13 Likes

Getting the same issue. Using chrome.

Went on a profile and they are a giant.

sometimes a player’s avatar headshot look like their avatar thumbnail- and vise versa.

3 Likes

i also ran into this bug in the costumes tab inside the avatar editor.

2 Likes

This isn’t limited to profile pictures, this can happen to costumes as well. 1
Also found this shirt that does not display its texture, unsure if this is related to the bug.

3 Likes

That’s just a normal deleted shirt.

I think, it is a “Rig” bug (Body scale & Head scale)

2 Likes

I can confirm this is happening for mobile app too.
IPhone 11 13.5.1

4 Likes

I can confirm this happening, I’m using safari 13.1.1
Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 9.45.16 AM

2 Likes

I also appear to be experiencing this bug.

When and How?

• 11:33 PM Philippine Time, Friday, July 18, 2020
  • When seeing user’s profile pictures
3 Likes

Hey! Thanks for the reports on this. We have a fix in the pipeline and it should be fixed next week.

:smile::man_standing::smiley: :slightly_smiling_face::woman_standing:

14 Likes

This also happened when btroblox was off.
Glitch

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Random asset / avatar thumbails on the website are showing default place icon

it was actually fixed just now yay
:smile: :smiley: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :smiley:

13 Likes

Somehow I managed to get the bug here on the devforum lol

Tbh kinda wish they made this bug an actual choice if you wanted the full icon or just the close up

7 Likes