CameraFrames

I know this is a bit far-fetched, but it’s something I’ve always thought would look amazing if it existed.

CameraFrames would basically be a child of ScreenGuis/SurfaceGuis and would give a view of a Camera’s point of view.
This could be used to create some interesting spectating systems, split-screen gameplay, easily made mirrors, gun scopes that have an atheistic view of what’s in front of them, etc, etc. I’d imagine seeing some super cool stuff made with a feature like this.

3 Likes

Oh, believe me – none of us see this as a far-fetched idea. So many people have posted feature requests that it’s not even funny, but ROBLOX doesn’t seem to show any signs of wanting to implement this atm.

Oh well, we can still dream.
But hopefully this could be a hackweek project some day.

I saw in a thread before that Zeuxcg said it is 100% possible and pretty easy to do, but is a low priority if it is one.

I don’t see how in any way split-screen could be a scripted thing without manipulation of bricks and such. Though some scripters have surprised me before.

But why is it low priority ):

thought of doing something like this before, like a UAV that you can see on a small corner window, essentially I would rewrite the rendering engine (I have done extensive enough work with rendering and meshes to know how to do it), then write that up in the window, also, with the new 3D rending thing someone was working on (I think he called it zGL, don’t remember his name) something like this could be done even easier, although it won’t have anything fancy like visible filemesh or unions, or materials, you could still get something that’s permissable for a UAV viewport

But I do totally want roblox to allow split rendering ports, would be awesome

1 Like