CameraMaxZoomDistance being changed disables gamepad R3 from being able to zoom the camera

If you change the default CameraMaxZoomDistance, gamepad R3 can no longer change camera zoom in/out.
Essentially what happened here: Pressing right thumbstick on gamepad does not zoom camera out if `StarterPlayer.CameraMinZoomDistance` is used

Here’s a video, in action: 2023-12-07 18-01-06

Repro:
-Open an empty baseplate
-Set test device to ps4, plug in ps4 controller
-Boot up test server
-Click R3, zooming works
-Change CameraMaxZoomDistance to 10
-Clicking in r3 no longer works

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! I made a change recently to gamepad zoom to fix another issue that might’ve caused this. I’ll take a look and see what I can do.

2 Likes

Yep, I made a mistake with cycling between the zoom levels on gamepad, specifically on the cases of 10 or 20 max zoom. I’ve got a fix, but it won’t be available until after the holidays. In the meantime, you can workaround the issue by setting a value just a tiny bit smaller. That is, 9.9 if you want a 10 max zoom or 19.9 if you want a 20.

2 Likes

Should be fixed now! Let us know if you find any other issues.

It appears to be fixed on other platforms when using a controller, but not on Xbox itself. It seems that the Xbox build hasn’t been updated yet

1 Like

You’re right. The change is in 607 so Xbox should pick it up as soon as it gets 607.

1 Like