Can i "Create" Accounts?

“Gui is present that stores password information of a player in attempts to hijack the account”

IF, your not trying to steal any one’s account, them you might be safe, i suggest asking an staff, as they probably have more information about this.

Yeah, this can most likely be mistaken for a fake ROBUX scam, in which people will just dislike and report, and a moderator will most likely take it the wrong way and ban you, also if people are new, they will most likely put their actual information in without realising they are.

I think its pushing it too close to the limit even if it isn’t against ToS.

More than one user will most likely just use their actual password, then at that point, if anybody on your team compromises that info in a malicious way that is going to be on you.

I don’t see why a login system is needed when there are plenty of alternatives that have an identical functionality without a password requirement.

I see no upside to this, and a ton of potential problems, especially as the player -base grows.

Instead of “passwords”, use an pin.Usually users dont use the pin, and, even if the user typed his pin(acc pin), that wouldnt be the password, garating no access to the user’s acount.

(You would need to make it so you can only type numbers, because if the user has access to type letters, they would be able to type their password.)

I would think that other players would put in there actual account information which would lead to accounts being hacked.

(Reply deleted by author,already posted reply/problem solved/temporary message)

No. Simply no. This is against the TOS because it asks for a password, and becuause Roblox are super tight about security, this will not be allowed.

The reason being is that a kid will input their ROBLOX username and use the same password as the password on the main site. This counts as personal data collection which is against the ROBLOX TOS. If you want to create custom ‘accounts’ without needing a password you could simply create a GUID everytime the user wants to make a new account and then save that to a datastore.

You could also provide a randomly generated key as the password which they keep safe and use to reaccess it.

You providing it ensures that it is not of their choosing (can’t choose to use their password)

I would generate them their own randomly generated password, even if you tell players not to use their real password SOME will still do so. You would be putting too much power into their hands.

If you randomly generate one (or simply have it that they use their username which is verified by checking what usernames are associated with what player IDs) then I think it will be fine.

4 Likes

I don’t have any team, I’m the only one working at the game.

You all said it is against ToS, and @Askavix’s idea is good. I will use his idea.

1 Like

I think it’s against the ToS due the fact it could be seen as a scam or a hack.

1 Like

You can also let the user make a password by using emoticons, so they will never put in their real password.

There is absolutely no reason to need to reinvent the wheel when users already have their Roblox account to play games. Just associate all data with their UserId. There is a chance that a randomly generated password could match a real password. There is also the chance where in-game accounts can get stolen by users sharing passwords either by sharing it publicly or maybe through an exploit

Please, read all the posts to see why I want to create this. It isn’t very happy to get banned and all you’re games to be deleted. Is it happy?

Except I have read all 55 replies (including the OP).

If you get banned it’s your fault. I don’t see why you would want to cater to rule-breakers. I would much rather be banned for rule breaking and not be able to touch my old data than have someone steal my in-game account and wreck my data.

1 Like

That is a personal experience and is starting to become off-topic. This isn’t about moderation anecdotes. Just because you got banned doesn’t mean everyone else will.

anyways back on topic. I would appreciate if you respond to these.

@TheTurtleMaster_2, the one who got the idea of using randomly generated key, was Pharyx_Styx, not Askavix, also, i think you ignored what it said.

Thanks @Pharyx_Styx.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to create an account when the player is already on a unique and authenticated account.

4 Likes

Please, read all the posts to know why I made this decision.

1 Like