Can i sell roblox games?

i got some games that i dont have any use for… so i was wondering what i can do with until an idea got into me… i should sell the game… but before i do it, i wanna make sure if its legal in roblox so i wanna ask your help if its ok

2 Likes

You cannot buy and sell games. To find out more check this. https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313980-Buying-and-Selling-Games

3 Likes

According to this link https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203313980-Buying-and-Selling-Games you are not allowed to as it states “Do not give other players Robux or items in exchange for a game”.

5 Likes

No you cant sell games. I believe you can sell game assets, but you just can’t sell full “games”.

As it’s against the ToS selling/buying games are against the community rules, however, there was a thread around the forum where you can sell parts of the game but not the entire game itself. Your allowed to sell the individual assets that are in the game if it’s just the map itself with no game play involved i suppose it’s allowed:

(cc @TazaTech) You aren’t allowed to sell games nor buy games since that violates the community guidelines.

4 Likes

Apologies I misread it. Silly me.

1 Like

You cannot sell roblox games. This is highly against the TOS and you can get terminated or banned for a large period of time for doing so.

3 Likes

then why do companies like GameFam own a bunch of Roblox games? that seems pretty hypocritical.

Also Welcome to Bloxburg was BOUGHT by a huge company for I believe $100M. Guess they’re immune to TOS now.

10 Likes

most likely since roblox likes money
and those games make it for roblox

Access? Yes!
Game File? No!

1 Like

in the official roblox document:

they don’t say anything that would suggest you will get banned for it, they only say there is no official way.
idk if it was updated but ig that means we can sell games now

(if i just dont understand, lmk)

1 Like

You can buy or sell games, Roblox just wants to know that if you do get scammed, it is not their responsibility with what happened with your game/money.

3 Likes

You can’t, not on Roblox at least. You can use websites like payhip to sell game assets, and exchange real money for it. It’s just against the ToS to exchange Robux for full games on the main Roblox website.

It’s probably since ROBLOX got a commision.