Can I use real world maps for my games?

I was uploading a map in a series of smaller images to use for reference.

The images above have been moderated and my account has been disabled, without any explanation.

This completely interrupted my development progress, and I have no idea why.

I’ve uploaded maps before, so I assume its OK. Should I try reuploading these, maybe rotating them or something?

6 Likes

Roblox is stupid sometimes. I don’t know why those would be moderated. Try changing something just slightly and you should be ok.

I totally agree!

The moderation for this is just plain stupid.

They should get your account back within a few days when they realize there mistake. If not then appeal. If you did appeal they would give you back your account.

Well, I had the option to re-enable it, and I did because I wanted to get back into studio.

But I still want my images to continue developing

Try to re-upload it on another account.

1 Like

Some odd things go through as approved and unapproved. You would be surprised what I’ve seen approved and what has passed the filter. Just check far into decals or audios, you’ll know.

Try re-uploading it later.

Yeah, I’ve seen the worst of what’s approved, and have experienced the most basic and harmless things get denied.

1 Like

It looks like every img with the filename of 4, 9, and 12 gets denied.

Roblox has an automatic moderation system.

Here’s an update:

Apparently Roblox moderated all images named 4,9, and 12

2 Likes

There’s already an existing post about this, unless you’re not using google maps/earth?

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s using google earth as it would display names and theres no way to disable it IIRC. Such a bummer that you can’t upload images for reference to make real life maps, and have to eyeball it instead. but i guess thats for security reasons, etc?

1 Like

not sure but i guess its sharing IRL Information

It is Google Earth screenshots, but I’m not using the map in the game, I’m creating a new map over it.

That’s what the post I linked discussed. Please take a look into it.

Edit:
If you’re creating a new map, I guess you could get away with it. Do it at your own caution.

1 Like