Can we just have unlimited friends already?

You can have a max of 300 friends on steam #TheMoreYouKnow

6 Likes

Followers exist for a reason you know and the pressure you have from ‘children’ who want you to accept it you can’t isn’t a legitimate reason to uncap it when it will make followers pointless just about.

If they ask to accept their friend request, just use the follow feature to follow them. I think they’ll appreciate the gesture. This way you won’t waste space on your friends list.

3 Likes

I asked at RDC about this and they said that they have plans to bring them up soon

CC: @Seranok @ostrichSized

1 Like

“Sorry I don’t accept FRs, but you can follow me!”

12 Likes

I also don’t understand why people are complaining that there shouldn’t be more than 200 friends because people will harass them to accept their friend request. Use the /mute command if it really gets bad, or, as I and many people do when we get asked questions like this: ignore them.

There’s tons of people that I want to have on my friends list but I don’t want it to ever get up to 200, so I wish we had a higher count, maybe 300-500 or so.

3 Likes

When I get swarmed by kids saying i should accept their friend requests I often

a) ignore them
b) tell them i dont accept random friend requests

they always understand it when i give them (b). But if they keep nagging you can just use /block

2 Likes

I don’t accept friend requests from random people, and if they ask why, I just say that. I consider the “Friends” list to be “Friends” only (or to maintain contact with people I work with).

Yes, I unfriend people I don’t talk with for a long time too.

2 Likes

You have to get comfortable with telling people no. I use my friends list exclusively for other developers who can provide as much value to me as I can to them and (true) friends I made before my creations got a bit more publicity. Any friendship has to be balanced or it’s useless. If you can provide 10x more value to them than they can to you there may be a problem.

Think of it this way,
33% of your time should be spent with people you can provide value to, mentor, etc.
33% of your time should be spent with friends and people at your level.
33% of your time should be spent with people that have accomplished significantly more than you.

2 Likes

200 friend Limit is due to VIP Servers from leaked conference notes: https://twitter.com/evanbear1twitch/status/879162223691739136

“200 friend limit is because of VIP Servers, you are cheating the system because the developers are not making money because friends would use other people VIP servers.”

(Duh)

10 Likes

if you want to stay in contact with your players, make a discord or something of that sorts.

We have been talking about increasing the friend limit. Nothing final yet, but we will be doing something about this. :slight_smile: The friend limit is more about scalability, not about VIP servers.

17 Likes

The little kids wont hurt you. Do what every dev does and ignore them

What I do to somewhat solve this is I find other users on my friends list that did this or don’t remember, and unfriend them to make room for the new user wanting to be friends. Before they made the new friends list system, I used the last online date to remove friends who aren’t on Roblox anymore to make room, but that’s gone now. I don’t have the heart to say no to them :joy:.

It would be nice to have 300, that’s the maximum you can get with steam when you trade in cards and level up your profile.

1 Like

Are they your friend? Yes? Add them to the list.

Are they some random guy that sent you a friend request? Are they your friend? NO, so DON’T add them to your friend list

Don’t see why this is so complicated. There is a followers list for a reason.

4 Likes

What if you look up to a lot of people and they accept your friend request. You don’t necessarily play with them, but you like to be able to be in contact with them.

3 Likes

BuT ArE tHeY yOuR fRiEnD ThO?

2 Likes

I guess? It’s more along the lines of ‘having a person in your friend list that you look up to’ rather than ‘having a friend that you’ll play games with in your friends list’.

1 Like

I tell them I only friend people I’ve met in person. They seem to get it and also still be satisfied with meeting me (since I didn’t ignore them), and ask to be followed instead, which I can do.

Works every time, and they don’t get hateful and thumbs down the game