Can we please have LOCAL TargetFilters?

Can we please have Mouse.TargetFilter local for each LocalScript? I have scripts that I only want to ignore certain things while I want other scripts to ignore other things, I know I’m not the only one who would really like this.

Set it right before you use it?
In that case it should probably just be a method. Raycasting is also an option

That’s a very specific case, unless others post about such a thing. What are you even doing that require such a thing? A better, modern solution is to make TargetFilter accept and array of BaseParts rather than an object.

Instead of creating inconsistencies in the engine you could just raycast using Mouse.UnitRay.

target = workspace:FindPartOnRayWithIgnoreList( Ray.new( mouse.UnitRay.Origin, mouse.UnitRay.Direction*900 ), {} )

[quote] Instead of creating inconsistencies in the engine you could just raycast using Mouse.UnitRay.

target = workspace:FindPartOnRayWithIgnoreList( Ray.new( mouse.UnitRay.Origin, mouse.UnitRay.Direction*900 ), {} ) [/quote]

Would mouse.Target be faster?

[quote] Instead of creating inconsistencies in the engine you could just raycast using Mouse.UnitRay.

target = workspace:FindPartOnRayWithIgnoreList( Ray.new( mouse.UnitRay.Origin, mouse.UnitRay.Direction*900 ), {} ) [/quote]

Would mouse.Target be faster?[/quote]

I’d assume it is because everything is done C-side, not in Lua. Shouldn’t make a difference though, if you’re using both correctly.

Would mouse.Target be faster?[/quote]

God forbid you lose an amount of time so small that it can’t be accurately measured.

It can be measured, especially if you’re casting every move/idle event

Any chance this hasn’t been forgotten about?