Can you earn affiliate commissions if the game owner has Premium?

Hey, I have a game which lets me and others purchase avatar accessories while I receive some of the commission. I used this to buy both Roblox-owned and UGC items to get the 40% back. I did this before I bought Premium.

Up until recently, however, when I bought a Premium subscription and bought more items through my game, I noticed that nothing was in my “Pending Robux”. Are Premium members unable to receive affiliate commissions?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

2 Likes

Based on the announcement thread for this update, nothing appears to point toward Premium users being unable to receive affiliate commissions – I searched through the topic for a keyword of “premium” and no one mentioned it throughout the 77 posts.

I presume that something else could be affecting it, potentially a silent update that prevents the owner from earning commissions on any purchases they make in their own game? There’s a possibility that they’ve done this due to the publicity that this feature has gotten from “free discounts” on items when using this method.

This is actually a very excellent point, a simple YouTube search will return dozens of “how to get discounted valk” videos, showing users how to basically save Robux.

I did it before and got the commission (before getting Premium),

but if it was in fact disabled for game owners, why did it go unannounced?

1 Like

It might have drawn more attention to the flaw for those who were previously unaware of it, although I’m not entirely sure.

If this was a change that was made, there’s the potential that it could still be circumvented by prompting it from another user’s game or even a group game (if the update applies toward groups games) that can have the funds distributed amongst different members from there.

1 Like

I have some question here, Can you DexEx Robux from 40% affiliate commission?