We are making some changes to the revenue sharing for in-game sales of certain types of avatar items.
Today, creators of non-clothing avatar items receive a 30% rev share for sales in Avatar Shop. When a third party game owner (i.e. “affiliate”) sells one of these items in a game, the affiliate receives a 10% commission, and the creator receives 20%.
What’s changing for these AssetTypes:
- We will be increasing the affiliate commission from 10% to 40% for in-game sales
- The 40% affiliate commission will apply to sales of user-created and Roblox-created avatar items (excluding clothing and bundles)
- The creator will receive a constant 30% for sales in Avatar Shop or in an affiliate’s game
- If the creator sells the item in a game they own, they will earn both the creator share and affiliate commission (30% + 40% = 70%)
We have also provided an additional option in the item configuration panel for creators of these items to determine where their items can be sold. Initially, these options will be:
- Avatar Shop and All Places
- Avatar Shop and My Places
- Avatar Shop only
As an affiliate, if you prompt users to purchase an item that has not been made available for sale in your Place, the user will not be charged and the purchase will fail.
Note: All of the mentioned changes apply to in-game sales prompted by a developer, as well as sales made through the inspect-and-buy menu.
The options provided to both creators and affiliates are expected to evolve over time.
Please stay tuned for further updates. Thank you!