Can you get banned for using a script executor (such as Synapse) to develop your own anti-exploits?

I looked through the Dev Forum and I didn’t see anybody post about this nor make this question, so before actually even thinking about getting an executor, I wanted to ask if it’s still a ban-able offense if it’s used to develop your own anti-exploits for your games.

Asking this because, first, for obvious reasons I obviously don’t want to get banned.
Second, don’t want to break the Roblox ToS for obvious reasons as well.
Third, I’m literally doing anything at this point to work on private anti-exploit projects.

10 Likes

Exploits are against Roblox’s Terms of Service.
More Info Here: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004647846-Roblox-Terms-of-Use

I would recommend doing this either privately, or testing it while in Roblox Studio. Roblox Studio has access to CoreGui (which you can’t really access), you can find exploit script sources, make code against them.

So with that said, you should adapt to using Studio only unless you’re fixing an issue that is limited to only executors.

Exploiters rarely get banned, while alot of innocent people do, so continue at your own risk with a script executor.

Aslong as you’re not doing it for bad intentions, you should be fine in my opinion.

3 Likes

You could simulate most of the things exploits do, with your own local scripts. You shouldn’t really worry about making a client-sided anti-exploit. Just have a strong server-side anti and you’ll be fine.

Do not use a script executor, there’s no point. Just use or create an anti-exploit, and secure your remotes.

Let me clarify that you should NOT use an executor. EVER!!! You will get banned if they discover you have used one.

7 Likes

Synapse is a different from just a local script, well. kind of. Synapse injects itself, but local scripts are just there, with no odd changes. Synapse also uses slightly different syntax for some stuff I believe. I personally do not think using executors to test anti-exploits are bad, but its quite risky, but to even with all this risk, I even think the head developer of arsenal, “mightybaseplate” has a executor to test.

5 Likes

Probably not, it’s your own game. Roblox mods wouldn’t care or waste their time doing anything about it. There’s a really small chance of it being detected anyway

This is terrible advice. Yes, the likelihood of you getting caught is probably extremely rare, but why break TOS and take the risk when you don’t need to do so? Do not use executors such as Synapse to test your “anti-cheat”. Use common sense, local scripts, and have strong server remote protection.

3 Likes

Well, the true reason behind this question is to make anti-cheats which require executors in order to be developed, for example such as normal Roblox Studio scripts/localscripts not being able to do something that an executor is able to do.

What would an executor be able to do that a local script can’t do?

1 Like

I thought they also used automated flags to determine if your client was tainted, then in the next ban wave you had the possibility of being banned? I personally wouldn’t risk such a mark on your account. Technically, you could use everything users use to attempt avoiding any repercussions(VPN, VM,alternative account, etc). However, this would be a lot of effort to go through just to run potential exploit programs to patch when you can simply use local scripts, since you are limited to their context anyways. Unless you have a specific use case under developing anti exploits, I.E theres a destructive synapse script for whatever reason you can’t patch without it, I wouldn’t recommend going through the trouble.

4 Likes

You can convert the exploit script intro Lua and to use it as a script in ServerScriptService. This wont violate the roblox ToS (if the script isnt inappropriate or something)

1 Like

Wait, how do I do this exactly, this sounds quite interesting.

I’ve answered some of these questions before, technically yes; You can get banned because you’re still using a third party software to breach into Roblox’s client and modify it, even if its for non-malicious use.

Honestly, its not worth even getting an “Injector” (another name for Executor) as you can essentially replicate an Injector in studio by simply using the command bar on the client’s side of Studio. The command bar technically can be considered as a DIY version of an Injector, being able to modify things on the client by running code through the client’s end via command bar. It also allows you to simply test out anticheats without having an external software breach into the roblox client. (It also saves you from turning your computer into a bitcoin miner every time you run the program.) Although the only thing that you’ll have to do is on certain parts such as checking if a part was touched, you’ll have to make your own system on that. Also, I’m pretty sure the Client doesn’t have access to the CoreGui, yet most injectors manage to bypass this, allowing scripts to be injected into the client’s CoreGui and have more accessibility with other services (if their functions can be called via client.)

4 Likes

Best method is to understand the exploit script and to re-write it in Lua language.

This is probably the most accurate and strait to the point answer you will get:

No, you don’t get banned for using exploits in your game.

Yes, it is against TOS to use exploits even to test your game, but let’s be honest since when does roblox take action against exploiting, rarely.

2 Likes

Possibly
• getrawmetatable
• setreadonly

Used to bypass basic antiwalkspeed scripts

Another example is hooking into remotes, so they can see all remote data traffic being sent / received and inject code to run inbetween.

1 Like

I mean there’s no point in doing so, just use a localscript or the command bar with the code you want to run, you can test all your remotes and things from there.

Exploiting is forbidden; you cannot run anything from an executor in ROBLOX; however, if the script is appropriate and not used for troll-purposes, you can run it from ROBLOX Studio Script.

1 Like

It is 100% against the ToU but hey nobody is stopping you from making an alt and giving it play privileges and exploiting on that.

JUST DON’T DO ANY MALICIOUS EXPLOITING PLEASE

My bad for bumping, but the best solution to this is:

1. Make a text gui where you can type scripts in-game.

2. Get a client-sided loadstring module, so you can use loadstring() but on the client.

3. Whenever you click a button called “run” in the GUI, execute the code.

That’s it! You’ve got something identical to an executor, without injecting anything!

→ You can also prevent other players from seeing the GUI, for decoration purposes and preventing people to have exploits without script executors hehe

Read this

2 Likes