Can you use and sell Avatar Shop items made by Roblox in games without buying them?

Just to double check,
Items on the avatar shop by ROBLOX such as hats or even entire outfits are free to use as models/skins in your game WITHOUT even needing to purchase the skins?

Just double checking this as it feels weird that I wouldnt have to pay for items such as 1500 rbx items and be able to use them as set team skins in a game.

Secondly, are you able to sell items from the store made by ROBLOX ingame ? (e.g. sell hats to players for robux)
Sorry if its trivial
Thanks

3 Likes

Number one is definitely true, number two is iffy. I’m really not sure about that one. You might just be better off selling it for in-game currency only.

2 Likes

Yes! Of course!

Mhm. That is totally allowed for a game to buy you something. Good games that have this are mostly like Animation testers. They send you the prompt and allow you to use it anywhere.

:+1:

4 Likes

I am pretty sure for the second one you can!

3 Likes

Thanks! However, what do you mean by the animation testers part? Im not familiar with the terminology

1 Like

They are just games that let you get the Ninja Animation Pack, etc for free in the game.

1 Like

Oh i see! thank you! I thought thats what you meant haha

1 Like

This isn’t what the user is asking if I am not mistaken, they are asking if it can be sold as an in-game item only, not to use on their avatar in other games.

1 Like

Oh yes thats what I mean, so I have different teams and was wondering if i could sell ROBLOX items from the shop as skin alternatives when they are on that team, if that makes sense

1 Like

The more I think of it, this is probably fine as long as you specify it’s for in-game use only.

1 Like

To prove it, I use roblox animations in my game for my loot box system
https://www.wevideo.com/view/2123951583

So I believe it is just fine!

1 Like

Oh, would they be able to do this? I wouldve assumed if i sold it it would only be available on my server

It would be, but people might not realize it, so giving a warning seems right.

Oh, the way i thought it would work since id be displaying it through a shop GUI, thered just be an option to EQUIP once bought and that would be it (aka serverside)

Hey sorry to reopen this, but is this the same for limited edition skins? is it the same rules for even the very expensive ones?

Secondly, forgot to mention il only be selling the right to access a certain character model ingame, (so the model with the skins imported from the store) not the actual skins.

It’s the same case. Just tell people that they are only buying the item for your game and not for use on all of Roblox and you’ll be fine.

If they were buying access for them to equip a certain playermodel containing this limited item, wouldn’t they be able to not use this on other servers anyway? (As they are just models contained in my servers replicatedstorage)

Correct. But how would you expect young children to know this? Developers obviously know it, as do older kids, but young children are gullible and assume a lot, so they might not realize that’s just for your game.

Ohh so they dont expect that its only for my server feeling that they were mislead i see. cheers. Do you think including this in the game description would be enough?

No, not everybody reads the description. It’s best just to have it somewhere when you are buying the item.