[CANCELLED] 1917: Verlorene Seelen, an Upcoming WW1 FPS Game

I’ve been in the works of creating a good concept for a WW1 FPS game for a bit over a month, and many of the ideas I do have, I am now ready to execute. My idea was to construct a first person shooter game that was unique to the Roblox platform. For this, I came up with one rule that must be followed for this game to be unique:

A PvP game that is still fun to play even if you are alone in the server.

So how does this work? There are two game types that come to mind, one is overused, and the other will truly be unique to the platform: Zombies and Bots. I can do the idea of zombies, but I feel that having bots be implemented would benefit much more. By this, I mean adding in NPC’s that are programmed to wander around the map and shoot anyone on the enemy team. This way, the game will be PvP&E (Player vs. Player & Enemy). Each team will have human and bot players.

But that’s not all. For this game to truly be unique, I wish to wedge in a hidden story that is emotional. The story should not be the highlight of the game. Of the time being, this is only an idea.

What I have made this far is a map and temporary placeholders for functions. My goal, unlike my previous project, will be a semi-realistic environment Here are some screenshots of the indoor and outdoor scenery I have made thus far.

Environment Screenshots

As for a temporary placeholder, here is a Tool model I am using via Starterpack.

View Model Tool

Lastly, I invite you to watch this video so that you may capture the ambiance. The goal is to make the player become immersed into the environment as much as possible.

Video

HD: https://twitter.com/XIaineDev/status/1251974537937170432

I am seeking help with this little project, mostly scripting stuff. Here are some ideas I would like to act on to make this game the best it can possibly be:

• Make the tool into a framework model instead
  • Create objectives for the players to complete
  • Make a gui-based lobby, where players can select which team to be on
  • Autobalance teams function
  • Create time limit for games
  • Create NPC’s that shoot at the enemy team players and bots. Possibly program them to also assist with conquering objectives
  • Vote system where players can vote on gamemodes
  • If the project becomes large enough, create multiple maps
  • An M1903A1 model would be nice instead of having it be of the A3

Gamepasses are still an idea that I would happily be open for discussion once the game takes more shape. Everyone reading is welcome to comment below to express ideas, offer constructive criticism, ask questions, etc.

For reference, my portfolio can be found here.

Discord - XIaine#6196
Twitter - XIaineDev

Thank you for reading!!

14 Likes

Omg hot! Look foward to playing it!

2 Likes

I can already see this being on the front page, looking cool XIaine!

1 Like

I have a couple quick questions and suggestions. First of all make sure the guns feel good to shoot! I see many fps games out there that try to act realistic but fail because the gun play is so bad. Second of all make sure that the maps are designed to feel good to play on and not repetitive. Make sure there are area where you can get trapped, make sure there are places where there will be a lot of combat, etc. Now for the questions, will you be able to crouch and crawl? this could open up to tons of new opportunities for the map and make the player feel even more immersed in the environment. Second will you be able to aim in for the guns? I see games like arsenal where you can not aim in for guns besides a certain few. I’m excited to see it, it looks great so far! :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

:open_mouth: Just wow… Good work!.. Keep going this is very cool maybe also have an air raid option?

1 Like

Thank you for the input. To answer your questions about the mechanics, yes, you can run, sprint, crouch, and prone. The only thing you cannot do currently is jump. This might be changed the future but for the time-being the gameplay runs smoothly without it. If you watched the video, you will see that I do, in fact, aim down the sights with the weapon. This is only a placeholder model for now though. In the near future, I hope to have a better weapons function that uses framework instead of a Tool for the Starterpack

@Strongjohnfgamer, thank you. Would you mind explaining your idea for an air raid option?

Sounds sweet! Looking forward to it!

1 Like

In ww2 and ww1 there sometimes would be city where they would have an air raid where the enemy would bomb them. Maybe have a system where someone could call in an air strike as if it was an air raid and it’d destroy the enemy spawn.

It looks great! I always loved games about ww1 so I hope this succeeds in getting popular.

What bothers me is just a small thing, its how some of the posters look like they are from WW2.

1 Like

Would love to see a fleshed out, polished, and immersive old school FPS competitor to what’s out there now. Full support.

2 Likes

As far as the jumping mechanic goes, you could do something like Arma III, where if you reach a low object about waist height, you hit ‘T’ to climb over - prevents hugely unrealistic jumping around the map.

Anyways this game is looking sweet! There are not too many WWI games on Roblox and even less good ones.

1 Like

This map takes place in a rural area so I don’t think an air raid would be all that realistic of an idea.

@Kenadrix These are all posters from an old project I worked on so I’m quite unfamiliar with dates. Thank you for pointing this out though, I will make sure posters will be replaced by ones during the WW1 era.

@Canopius I actually really like this idea a lot. If I can find someone who’s willing to help out with the programming, I will most definitely add that sort of function in.

1 Like

bots and players? that seems pretty unique to roblox. the only other game i can think of that did that was noobs vs zombies, and it did very well.

1 Like