Endling, an Upcoming Horror Game

[EDIT]
This project is currently closed and has been given to Vyriss

We’re creating a brand new first-person survival horror game on Roblox called Endling, which is heavily inspired from Frictional Games’s Penumbra and Amnesia titles. We’ve been passionately working on this game for the past 3 years and our development on this game is coming to a close soon. With the game almost done, I invite you to check out our videos which are present at the end of this post.

Our game is going to feature a variety of puzzles. This is a simple one, but I invite you to check out the latest puzzle we’ve been working on.

Puzzle Video

Floofy Boof's Code Door - YouTube

Included in this section are some screenshots taken from our website for your convienence in this post.

Screenshots

If you want to see more of Endling, please take the liberty of checking out our portfolio website for the game and follow the Komorebi Games Twitter account. Thank you, and any feedback/questions are all highly appreciated.

New website, please check out.
https://komorebigames.wixsite.com/endling
https://www.twitter.com/GamesKomorebi

We have made a new group on Roblox if any of you are interested in joining :smile:

Videos

Here is the environmental trailer we released!
Endling - Environmental Trailer - YouTube

The tutorial walkthrough for the game.
Endling - Tutorial - YouTube

[Old] “Everthing so Far”
Endling - Everything so Far - YouTube

32 Likes

Looks amazing so far!
Question, how did you guys do the flashlight effect? It looks great and I’ve been trying to replicate something like that for a while.

3 Likes

Some sort of GUI and a light effect?

1 Like

Reminds me of ROSES, good luck I’m looking forward to playing this, the intro and the way you start gets players thrilled. Keep up the great work.

3 Likes

As @FragmentFour said already this actually is amazing, good job.

1 Like

We accidentally stumbled upon this. What we discovered is that with transparent billboard images with light emission set to either 1 or 0 (I don’t remember off the top of my head but it’s easy to figure out), you can see through the darkness. So we made a flashlight effect in photoshop and applied to the flashlight to make it look like an actual beam of light. I think it’s cool to note that there are absolutely 0 actual lights used in the Flashlight model.

When Endling is released all of the game’s assets will be released so that people can make their own custom stories, so you’ll be able to use our exact flashlight model :smile:

10 Likes

Do you ever think about having a different name for the game?

Looks really realistic, but I am worried about one thing, the guy that is dead (the body) with dried blood on floor looks kinda realistic and may not be family friendly at all, and I am not sure if Roblox will moderate this type of stuff. I am not sure but I am just pointing that out. But overall the game looks pretty good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ye I like what you’re saying avoid gore and have more shadow and volumetric lighting.

This looks realistic, but I really hoped it wasn’t a single player game cause I am so not fan of a single player horror games :smile: But anyways, Kudos to the team! :clap:

2 Likes

Looks incredible! I like the small sounds, such as the clicking noise and the footsteps. My question is, what made you decide on the name ‘Endling’?

Absolutely not. This title for the game is important.

I did take considerable precaution when it came to gore. The corpses do not have any visible wounds on their textures and the blood is obviously separate from the entity itself. However, if Roblox doesn’t like the blood then it will be no problem to me to remove the blood at all.

@NickAtNick Endling will be a singleplayer game. The “About” section on our website goes into a little detail as to why we made this decision.

@bestw9 The clicking sounds were added in for video FX to help indicate that a button was pressed. The definition of Endling says that an endling is the very last of its species before it becomes extinct. This title is used as a symbolic metaphor for the protagonist, and those who play Endling.

2 Likes

Yeah, I read the about page, that’s why I “hoped” :grin:

1 Like

I must say, this actually impressed me! I love how you managed to nail that flashlight effect and made it appear more realistic. The area and environment also appears a bit unsettling which is great for a Roblox horror game. I thought that you guys could add some creepy ambience sound effect to make the player feel more alert as well. I just hope that there aren’t any jumpscares haha :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Your compliments mean very dearly to me, thank you ^^
Endling will have a few jumpscare elements in it, but will only rarely be used.
The environmental assets mostly came from Frictional Games’s game, Penumbra: Black Plague. I would definitely consider checking out that game since they gave us permission to use their assets!!

1 Like

What took the most time in developing in this game?

Getting people hired was the most difficult challenge of this project that’s the reason why working on this game took merely 3 years. Since we were only paying in Robux and offering only pocket money, not a lot of people would open their commissions to us. Everyone that has worked on Endling is either a hobbyist or a volunteer (We got volunteer help before our investor, Wrathsong, offered to help us).

The absolute most difficult people to find for work are British females on Discord that have a good mic and want to try voice acting. I spent more than half a year, staying up late, looking for two girls to fill the roles we needed.

1 Like

Looks like a game you’d find on steam and not roblox, pretty neat.

1 Like