Cannot advertise UGC's

Since the update of Publishing Advance, there is another problem with those items and I think it is a bug caused by this update. I’ve inquired in the previous post comments, but I think it’s a different topic, so I’m making a new post. Could you please check this issue as well?

Unable to advertise sponsors
Only the items that paid the fee in advance are not active with the “Create Sponsored Ad” button.

The “Sponsor This Item” item also does not appear on the Item Details page.

UGC’s product type is different
Speculation is that the product type is printed as “User Product” for items that are normally sold, but when I searched for this product, the product type is printed as “Collectable Item” like Limited UGC, which seems to be a problem.

Expected behavior

All newly uploaded UGCs should also be able to advertise.

7 Likes

Found someone at Roblox to take a look :slight_smile: we’ll get back here when we have an update.

5 Likes

I’m also having the same problem as well… it’s been an issue for almost a week now. What’s going on?

2 Likes

Hello, is there any update? I’m still waiting for a response!

1 Like

Hello, @music_man1996!

The issue still persists, but I’ll add in more details to the OP!

The older items, no matter if they’re Limited or not, have the ‘Sponsor This Item’ button. It works as intended. My second-to-last UGC collab dropped on March 21st, and that set of items has the ‘Sponsor This Item’ button as usual.

(older item example, but I’m just showing the options that appear when pressing the 3 Dots)

However, around April 5th, my friend and I decided to drop a new UGC collab, and all newer items around that date and onward do not have the ‘Sponsor This Item’ button present.

(newer item release post April 5th, does not have the same number of options on the side)

Now, I obviously don’t know when this started taking effect, but if those 2 dates can help you with locating what’s causing this, that’s what matters! It’s definitely a timeframe between March 21st and April 5th.

Please let us know when this has been looked into! All of us creators want to properly advertise our newer items on the catalog, but are not finding success due to the sponsorship feature not being present on newer releases.

5 Likes

Hey everyone, I asked the engineers for an update on this one, they should get back to you shortly.

10 Likes

Still not fixed yet? Are they working on it?

6 Likes

I am having the same issue, older items can be sponsored, but not the ones after the publishing advance update ones.

3 Likes

Hello, @music_man1996!

Any updates from the engineers regarding this topic? It can be considered as a big issue that item sponsoring doesn’t work on all newer items for quite some time now (cause we can’t invest Robux into the system), so hopefully they consider this issue as high-priority. :relieved:

3 Likes

Thank you for the bug report. We are investigating internally. We will post an update when the issue is resolved

7 Likes

Still is an issue.

2 Likes

They aren’t gonna do anything about it atp…

5 Likes

Hello @gwu_dinotools, Is there no update yet? This issue has not been resolved for a month and I’m still wating for it.

Hi all, the fix has been released. Thanks for your patience!

3 Likes