Cannot change group logo on specific groups

When trying to change the group logo, it will not save whatever image you try to upload. This seems to only be the case for some specific groups, as the logo that is being uploaded works just fine in other groups. Even when changing ownership, the new owner can’t upload any new logo whatsoever.

Here’s the group link:
https://www.roblox.com/Groups/Group.aspx?gid=3147068

14 Likes

Hello, for some reason I can’t change group icon.

Although not for every group, only specific one.

link:

I press “save”, it refreshes, and shows the same image.

I tried every image, they work on other groups of mine but not on that one.

4 Likes

its been 12 days, still nothing is fixed.

i have to make important changes and the group icon is one of them

I am experiencing this exact same issue since December of last year and it’s frustrating.

I have tried several different browsers and various different image resolutions to no avail.

Group:

It’s kind of silly that I’m stuck with a festive variation of my group’s logo for over a month now.

11 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bump posts

1 Like

The issue is still present for me aswell.

2 Likes

Has the image ever been moderated, since then you can’t reupload it.

1 Like

I checked, and I can upload the same image on other groups, so it wasnt moderated at all.

I think its a bug related to the new groups layout.

5 Likes

Does anyone else still get this issue?

It’s very annoying, at it happend to my biggest group (15K Members) and I cant change the logo to a new one, so it kinda messes things up.

Hopefully it will be fixed one day.

2 Likes

It’s still a problem for some groups, I believe.

4 Likes

The issue is still present.

I’ve tried everything again and I still can’t change the group logo for the specific group I have mentioned, while I have no issue doing the same for others.

It’s 3 months past Christmas and my group logo is still wearing a Santa hat.

7 Likes

I am also having this issue.
I can’t update certain groups with a new logo.
I’ve also tried to upload the image as a decal and it states this:image

1 Like

The issue is not fixed. I’m still getting several reports on it a week.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reports. We have a fix in the pipeline.

5 Likes

Thank you, my group will finally no longer need to celebrate very late Christmas!

3 Likes

Turns out this problem isn’t just for Group logos. It occurs also when trying to upload decals, thumbnails and game icons too.

Edit: I have now been able to upload the group logo

3 Likes

This bug should be fixed now. Let me know if you still encounter it.

7 Likes

Thank you! :pray:
Nice to finally have a fix to the problem!

1 Like

Can confirm the bug is fixed and I was able to change the logo for my group.

2 Likes

It looks like that this bug has resurfaced as of December 27, 2020. I was attempting to change a group logo from a Christmas-themed logo to a different logo, and it only resulted in an “Unable to update group logo” error.

As I was using a Chromium-based browser, I tried uploading without extensions first, then without ad blockers, and even attempted to try using different browsers (Edge specifically) and the Roblox app on iOS to no avail.

This bug unfortunately seems to have affected all 3 of the groups I hold ownership over as well, rather than just this one particular group.

The other issues in regards to uploading decals/thumbnails/game icons specifically are not present, as I was able to upload decals and change a game icon despite the issues in regards to group logos specifically.

Edit: Still bugged a week later.

4 Likes