Cannot change the description of at least two of my experiences

Reproduction Steps
Try to change the description of the place at all. Adding a line, removing a line, or even clearing the description. Use the configure page, use a direct API call.

Expected Behavior
The public-facing description of my place changes.

Actual Behavior
The public-facing description of my place doesn’t change. The changes I make are preserved insofar as the next time I look at the configure page, the changes I made are still there. However, when anyone (including me) looks at the actual game’s page, the description has not changed and is desynchronized from what the configure page thinks the description is.

What is especially odd is that changes to the name of the place go through just fine, but the description seems untouchable. I have tried strictly removing things from the description, strictly adding things to the description, clearing the description entirely, and setting the description to a single obviously appropriate word like “Roblox.” Nothing will actually change the public description.

I’ve even resorted to calling the web endpoint directly with custom-constructed JSON. I’ve found that this does change the description as it appears on my configuration page, but again, the public page is unaffected.

Here are some videos of my attempts to change the description:

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/places/1919383429/update
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-05-01 00:05:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-06-20 03:06:00 (-04:00)

Hey @Davidii thanks for the report. We are investigating this now.

1 Like

@Davidii this should be fixed now

1 Like

Yeah, it looks like it’s all good, now. What was the issue??

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.