Cannot connect to Team Create on public WiFi

Reproduction Steps

On a public wifi network such as a coffee shop or a mall, click Edit on a Roblox place that has team create enabled

Expected Behavior

I expect team create to open so that I can work on my game

Actual Behavior

Team create doesn’t connect on any public wifi that I have tried, such as a mall or a coffee shop. This has never worked for me before. Error attached
error

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly

2 Likes

Is ROBLOX banned from the Wi-Fi for some reason? The program needs to be able to connect to ROBLOX’s servers in order to do things like Team Create.

I think, the public WIFI maybe blocking Roblox ports or IP addresses for security reasons. Many public WIFI networks blocks uncommon ports, for example 6667 - IRC, and allow only common ports, for example 80 - HTTP.

Aside from the two potential issues already stated (Roblox’s servers being blocked, or certain ports not being allowed to open) there may also be things like a login portal for the wifi, or the fact that free wifi can be very slow and unreliable to the point of erroring out.

1 Like

Possibly your firewall not allowing connections to the Public WiFi?

What is your firewall configuration for the “Public” profile? To test your connection, try using the ping command on Roblox’s servers.

Does this happen on the public internet profile you have set or a WLan with no password?