Cannot delete (nor archive) any models, plugins, decals from my inventory

Please please help push for the ability to archive Models the same way you can games, decals & etc. Roblox Support insists to users that you’re able to do this when users ask them about it, but then you find yourself unable to archive Models due to no option being given.

4 Likes

It seems Roblox has re added this feature.

I tested it on all items you used to be able to remove.

They have re added the feature for models and audios

This is the list of all assets and if you can remove them from your inventory or not:

EDIT: The list below is for USER CREATED items only, as of late 2021, you cannot delete any Roblox created items from your inventory, only items that are created on behalf of Roblox for an event (for example badges, from an egg hunt)

Accessories ( ALL )  |  NO

Animations and Avatar Animations  |  NO

Audio  |  YES

Badges  |  YES

Decals  |  NO

Game Passes  |  YES

Meshes  |  NO

Models  |  YES

Pants  |  YES

Plugins  |  NO

Shirts  |  YES

T-Shirts  |  YES

Videos  |  YES
2 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen this too – waiting for the staff response to make sure it is definitely fixed and won’t be rolled back, thanks.

3 Likes

I know this feature is here, but I want to be able to delete my own models and remove from profile. I clicked the remove from profile and it won’t remove it from my profile.

It would be great if there was a feature where you can delete your own models from your profile.

With the BTRoblox plugin you can kind of remove models and stuff from you profile. If you have the BTRoblox plugin, you cant see the inventory of players who made it private and it also does not show models, plugins and decals.

But this is only with the plugin. It would be great if it was added to the Roblox Website instead of needing to have the plugin.

This problem is still present for assets created by Roblox, such as audio.

You’ll want to take that to a separate feature request / bug report – this is not problematic for me at all.

e.g. Cannot remove models uploaded by Roblox from inventory

3 Likes

This issue still persists for models that are off sale (have tested with both the BTRoblox extension and no extensions, results are same). This includes offsale models uploaded by yourself or by another user.

I believe this is so you don’t delete a model from your inventory that you can’t get back at a later date.

Problem is still present

FE2CM uses Models so players can load in their own maps.
However this bug prevents me from being able to moderate and remove stolen content which people are using to play in game.

I had been requested by an original map maker from their own game that their map was stolen via third party software and the person who stole it has added the rest of the functionality back in that server-sided to make it compatible with my game.

From my experience the further back items are in the inventory, it is then that roblox API gives way and fails to provide an option.

I cannot remove stolen content from my game that players choose to load.
While I am providing an edge case I cannot protect other peoples stolen work due to this bug.

To reiterate.
I cannot remove stolen content from my game.

6 Likes

Struggling with the same issue, we cannot remove models that are using other peoples stolen content from our game, we have some planned ways around it including the ability to blacklist the model and all of its version IDs however, this is far from the preferable option.

However, the issue is not with old models it is infact with off sale models.
If a model has been taken off sale, it cannot be removed via the web client; I believe you may be able to use the api to get past it, were gonna do some tests to see if its possible to remove via the bot api we have, but if not then this seems like it was an intentional feature.

1 Like

This is a bit of a stretch I think – you could upload a default map over the stolen content to resolve this issue, right?

This is a bug for sure, but I don’t think it is as blocking as you imply for your particular use case. This is mostly a problem for during-development and inventory management on the site.

1 Like

I can’t upload default content over other peoples models; if I were to implement a blacklist method then they would simply create workarounds via alts or new models for the same map.

My post is specifically to honor requests of original map makers to prevent theft of models via third party methods and to respect their works by being able to act on the stolen content.

Also I don’t want the offending model in my inventory anymore, but I can’t remove it.

Have you tried unlocking your settings pin before deleting them?

The games that both I and Crazyblox own (while these may be extreme fringe cases) rely on player submitted content, sort of a UCG for models; this allows for people to add their own creations to the game and load them via an ID. This poses some severe vulnerabilities to the state of the game by doing this, I know Crazyblox restricts access to some script terms to prevent this, however we do not do this. By being unable to remove these models we allow these vulnerabilities in our game, as well as stolen content. We’ve taken measures against permanently affecting the game but we’d rather be able to remove said content if it has been added.
By removing our ability to remove models, we are unable to remove models that some of our creators have asked us personally to get rid of, making it so we are unable to accept our communities wishes.

I mean, I know of several cases where something from Crazyblox’s game itself was stolen and put in our game, we are UNABLE to remove this from being able to be loaded with its model ID, of course we try to remove it from our database so less people can find it, but of course if you have the model ID you can load it as long as the account holds the model.

It is plain unacceptable to disallow this not only just for our fringe cases but also because its a players own inventory? If this is not a bug, why on earth can a player not remove items from their own inventory. What if a player takes a model, and someone updates that model with something that breaks roblox rules to it and somehow bypasses the filters?
I’m sure people would love to have rule-breaking models in their own inventory.
Now, this is all assuming it is not a bug but I have my doubts on it being a bug because its only specifically for off-sale models.

1 Like

It seems like you have bigger problems than just not being able to delete stolen content if you let anyone in your game import anything in their own inventory though? I feel like you’d need to build some sort of denylist/allowlist functionality in your game anyway for player safety, regardless of this bug report. Anyone can at any time decide to update inappropriate content over a model you took (even if you’re offline, even if archive/delete feature was working) and cause massive problems for your game.

Even if this feature was working, you still have a massive safety problem. You’ll want to look into allowlist/denylist for your game for sure.

1 Like

In order for my game to load content I have to purchase/whitelist it. People submit their models to a list that I clear every once in a while and must adhere to a map format in order for the game to allow it to load.

I’m well aware of the drawbacks of this method and have accounted for it since the games launch 4 years ago. I only allow private servers on the game and state clear terms that the player must trust the content before they choose to load any model so malicious users cannot ruin the experience for others, as well as trimming unused content in the community version so the game cannot be exploited, it’s basically a sandbox for my players. I’ve entrusted my players with this and they discover new content through popular YouTube playthroughs or my forums. The creativity of their works is genuinely impressive.

The map format relies on scripts to give the map functionality, if I was to blacklist the content people could use other models to backdoor any content that I am unable to remove from my inventory.

Regardless of how my game functions I should just be able to delete stuff from my inventory if I no longer want it in my inventory. I should be allowed to have the choice. IMO this issue goes beyond all of what we’ve been talking about here.

I’m sure you mean well, but I’m not necessarily looking for feedback on my game. I think it would be more beneficial to the thread to focus on the initial bug report which is what I would like to see resolved.

Edit: Clarified last paragraph for more constructive conversation

3 Likes

I agree heavily that it is beyond our cases, it is a players own inventory, they should have the right to remove it.
The reason our cases are brought up here as they are the extreme fringe cases that are most affected by this bug/change.

1 Like

It seems so, but I don’t see the point of this. Why would you want to prevent users from removing off-sale models from their inventory if they don’t want to keep it? What if it’s their own model that they want to hide/remove from their inventory that is seen publicly? I’m really questioning these choices as I have no idea what would be the purpose if there even is any.

Hello! Does this issue occur anymore for any of you?

Yes, no change – this trivially reproduces with little effort, I recommend trying to reproduce before responding to old threads so it takes less time away from developers.

4 Likes