Cannot jump in water

When swimming in terrain water, you are unable to jump. This happens in every game I’ve played with default terrain water. This bug started occurring around Monday, maybe 3-5 days ago.

this is intentional i believe, you can point the camera upwards to swim upwards

edit: Massless Hats & Other Accoutrement

2 Likes

Yes, but that post says you will be able to jump out of the water even if you’re on the surface, which you currently can’t.

1 Like

We recently introduced some constraints on jumping to prevent jump-flying exploits. Could be preventing water jumps. Will investigate.

4 Likes

Testing in studio and client, I am able to jump on the surface of water. Previous problems could have been related to the ledge-jumping bug we fixed earlier. Can anyone confirm that we are still unable to jump on the surface of water?

I’m still unable to jump out on the surface.

1 Like

Is this studio? Can you send me the file?

On investigation, it appears this is R6 related. Tracking down the issue now, but for the time being you should be able to jump using R15.

2 Likes

That clip was studio and just a default baseplate with water added, but I’ve had this same issue in client too.

1 Like

We have a repro. It’s R6 vs R15. 15s work okay. Tracking down buoyancy problem with R6.

The issue has been resolved. You should be able to jump out of water with both R15s and R6s. Please let me know if the issue recurs.

2 Likes

Thanks a ton!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.