Cannot leave a rating on experiences

Reproduction Steps

Go on any game and try to like it, however for my case the like/dislike button stays on but the rating doesn’t update itself.

Expected Behavior

When I rate an experience my like/dislike will stay on the game’s page

Actual Behavior

Nothing happens

https://gyazo.com/30c17c8dc48b090ca5476deaf6868dde

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: SCP: Foundation Roleplay - Roblox
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2023-04-13 12:04:00 (+01:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2023-02-01 00:02:00 (+00:00)

9 Likes

You are ranked pretty high in the group for the game you linked, and you probably have edit access to the game, especially considering you are higher than the Developer role.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t think you can rate your own games.

You actually can like your own experiences

2 Likes

You just have to wait for the like to process. I’m unsure how long this takes but the like/dislike won’t appear instantly.

1 Like

This doesn’t only happen to my own game, it happens to every game on the platform I try to rate.

2 Likes

So, we will experience the issue in the future? Or is it meant to say 2022?

I’d assume this issue has been happening for well over a year now.

This is partially true. Likes and dislikes don’t “process”. They are simply sending a request to the server, and if you have permission to like, the server will add a value to the experience’s metadata.

However, the change is not instantaneous on the client because you need to refresh the page to download that data from the server again.

2 Likes

Refreshing most of the time doesn’t actually work and instead will show that you never pressed the like/dislike button at all.

And yet another thread is being created about this issue…

This has been a bug for like three years now. Seems like it only ever happens to a small amount of people at a time. I’m one of the unlucky ones.

Try to give a rating to an experience, wait a minute, refresh the page, notice that the rating didn’t save. The rating buttons are still in the same state as they were before you clicked them.

For a large portion of 2021, and pretty much the entire year of 2022, I haven’t been able to vote on anything at all. It magically fixed itself for me in December, hopefully it stays that way.

5 Likes

That’s a huge issue on the website, but try desktop app!

It’s the same with desktop, I have tried on mobile too and with alt accounts alongside with no extensions and different browsers.

1 Like

I’ve had the issue since around 2018 I’d like to say. I find that not refreshing the page and waiting around an hour before going back to the page works.

1 Like

Game Ratings Not Saving (or, more specifically, Game Ratings Not Saving - #28 by cpguy5089) is what you’re experiencing.

This bug has been around as early as July 2021 (as shown here Unable to Rate Experiences) just had a minor time when it fixed itself only to break shortly after, and only semi-recently changed the symptoms of it. (Since post #28 on the newer thread the symptoms have gotten worse also, ratings are no longer being counted regardless of what game I vote on. Tested on a completely random “[user]'s place number 1” type game, rating wasn’t counted 24 hours later)

As I said in the more recent thread, there’s no way this isn’t some sort of intentional blacklist considering surely a bug that’s potentially this urgent would have had FAR more official word on if it’s being fixed at all.

1 Like

happens to me, it doesnt let me rate games, really weird.

I’ve always thought it was a type of “shadowban” and that they may do this if you like your own place.

If they wanted to disallow voting on your own place they would have already done so, similar to how you can’t vote on games you haven’t played recently.

You know what, I think Roblox might shadow ban you from liking games if you have a certain amount of warnings. I don’t see any other reasons for keeping this “bug”.

When the bug started for me I hadn’t had any visible moderation for a good year or two at minimum. Since then I’ve only had one (1) singular moderation which was just the other week.

If it’s a shadowban they would have said that’s the case by now (see: people complaining their games are disappearing from search and such, and staff telling them it’s a temporary shadowban)

I was able to confirm this as well. It shows in the client (website or Roblox app) that you vote a rating for an experience, even raises or lowers the vote totals for it but if you close and come back, everything is reset, but only for the up the ratings. Seems you can down vote an experience and that sticks, if you up vote an experience, it doesn’t. So all the down votes appear to save, not the up votes or it’s random, maybe sometimes they save. Would explain why a lot experiences all seem to be dropping ratings like crazy. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the report. I filed a ticket to our internal database.

this still seems to be an issue for many people, me included