Cannot publish game due to "modified packages"

I’m unable to publish my game due to “modified packages”, but there are no modified packages to update or get the latest version of. Everything appears to be up-to-date.

Randomly, all the packages in my game said there was a change made to them (despite no changes being made), and in order to publish my game, I had to go through each and every one and publish changes. For the packages I already published changes to that still had a yellow dot next to them, I selected get latest package.

Once all the packages appeared to be up-to-date, I went to publish my game, and was met with the following error:

The affected game Id is 3017870574 or this link.

The problem occurred at approximately 2:00 AM EST and I was able to publish yesterday with no problems. The game has Team Create enabled, and everyone else in the Team Create is unable to publish as well and receives the same error. There are no error messages appearing in any of our consoles.

5 Likes

@TheFurryFish Thanks for reporting! Are you able to publish now?

Yes, I had everyone leave the Team Create to hopefully shut the Team Create server down, then we all rejoined, and the problematic packages suddenly appeared. Once we updated them, the game was able to be published.

Thanks for the update! We had a backend issue last night. It has been resolved.

2 Likes

As of 4/7/2020, this bug is surfacing again in full force.
I am not using Team Create and I am using the most recent build of Studio.

I’m assuming it could be due to APIs and other HTTP-related services being down/slow due to large easter/virus traffic?

That said, it resolves itself if I save the game to Roblox (not publish), and then reopen it and publish. It’s disruptive to workflow to say the least.

EDIT (4/9/20): In using Team Create, this completely bricks the place in being able to publish it. Eep. My workaround (above) does not work for TC.

3 Likes

I’m also getting this error shortly as the problem begins:

It happens when I attempt to publish the package.

1 Like

For the place you are getting this error, is it a teamcreate place?

1 Like

Nope, every place possible. Solo, Team Create with players, Team Create with just me.
Seems like a general problem with packages for me.

1 Like

This is still an issue for me, just occurred when I tried to publish.

The affected game Id is 3017870574 or this link .

After I closed studio (I was the only one in the Team Create) and re-opened it, I was able to publish.

This is related to Packages getting Web Copy Error: Http fails - #19 by APandaPoet
We are working on a fix for it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3 Likes

Any status update on the fix? Issue still happens consistently.
PlaceId is 2553857286 team create is enabled, and some members are AFK and cannot leave.
the id of the package that I updated is 4969660954
deleting and re-inserting the package does not solve the issue.
The autoupdate property of the PackageLink is grayed out, and not checked, even if it was checked before publishing the updated package. (tested in multiple cases, always gets unchecked regardless of earlier setting)
I get
Request Package 4969660954 V3 Web Copy Error: Http fails.
but ONLY when I re-insert the package, not when publishing the update.
This bug is currently blocking all development on our games. Very annoying.

The solution for this bug (at the moment) is to make everyone leave, wait a bit, then reopen the place and publish updated packages. A workaround would be deleting all packages though.

I’m getting this same error when I publish a team create game (which has no issues publishing) to a non-team create game, and try to publish changes.

1 Like