Cannot use animations I uploaded myself (You do not have ownership of animation with the selected ID)

For the past couple days I haven’t been able to use any animation that I uploaded to roblox myself, once I paste the Animation ID I get a message saying “Animation was not imported. You do not have ownership of animation with the selected ID.”
The animations are also being used in my own place and are being uploaded to my inventory not anything group related, my account is also not banned.

9 Likes

Same thing is happening to me currently, might just be a temporary bug or something but it’s extremely annoying

4 Likes

same here cant do crap because of the bug so all that animation gone to waste all the 7 hours gone to waste

3 Likes

just started happening for me…
not sure if this is related, but this happens after i upload an animation to roblox (via blender animations plugin). i then go to the default roblox animator and try to import, but it doesnt open the window and stops there and gives this error (i searched it up, apparently its been fixed but its not?)

builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.Scheduler.Scheduler.forks.SchedulerHostConfig.default:117: 
------ Error caught by React ------
attempt to index nil with 'BackgroundStyle'
------ Error caught by React ------
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Core.Themes.getAssetConfigTheme:285
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Core.Components.AssetConfiguration.AssetConfigWrapper:95 function render
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberBeginWork.new:1155 function finishClassComponent
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberBeginWork.new:1066 function updateClassComponent
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberBeginWork.new:3519 function beginWork
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberWorkLoop.new:245
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberWorkLoop.new:1946
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberWorkLoop.new:1834
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberWorkLoop.new:1783
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberWorkLoop.new:1129
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberWorkLoop.new:827
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.SchedulerWithReactIntegration.new:236
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.Scheduler.Scheduler.Scheduler:359 function unstable_runWithPriority
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.SchedulerWithReactIntegration.new:164 function runWithPriority
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.SchedulerWithReactIntegration.new:226
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.SchedulerWithReactIntegration.new:207 function flushSyncCallbackQueue
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberWorkLoop.new:2447
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberWorkLoop.new:2072
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.Scheduler.Scheduler.Scheduler:359 function unstable_runWithPriority
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.SchedulerWithReactIntegration.new:164 function runWithPriority
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberWorkLoop.new:2071
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberWorkLoop.new:1055
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberWorkLoop.new:936
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.ReactReconciler.ReactReconciler.ReactFiberWorkLoop.new:944
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.Scheduler.Scheduler.Scheduler:304
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.Scheduler.Scheduler.Scheduler:260
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.Scheduler.Scheduler.forks.SchedulerHostConfig.default:81 function doWork
builtin_Toolbox.rbxm.Toolbox.Packages._Index.Scheduler.Scheduler.forks.SchedulerHostConfig.default:104 function performWorkUntilDeadline
  -  Edit

after i reopen studio, i can open the import window again, but it doesn’t let me import the animations that i just uploaded for some reason, and gives that error…

2 Likes

It’s definitely not fixed I am experiencing the same exact issue

you can wait 6 to 10 hours but no one wants to wait for that long so prob contact support

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue. Still no fix

3 Likes

Somehow this issue has still not been fixed or even addressed from what I have seen

Ooh, you’re having the same thing too, i already wanted to make a thread about this when it got bumped.

I think that Roblox have included animations in their moderation check list or something, because, when i opened my animations creation in Creator Hub website, firstly, i opened my older animations, i see that they’re uploaded, but when i open newer ones - they’re being checked by a moderation.

I’d honestly don’t know what to expect from the Roblox next. Maybe they have made it temporary like @iwritelua have said, dunno.

[28.11.2023 edit]: They should have fixed that, check this comment.

1 Like