Can't have more than one studio instance open at a time

I have same issue as ColdSmoke. Can open multiple from desktop, but from website it will close my already opened one.

1 Like

I had the same problem earlier this week. [Win10, Studio Version: 0.349.0.229728] The issue seems to be fixed in version [0.350.0.231118] (at least I’m not encountering it anymore).

2 Likes

Can confirm. I just opened a team create and a non-team create game from the website and the studio window I had open previously did not get closed. yay :smiley:

I have lost work by opening places from the site and having it update and close all studio windows without a prompt.

4 Likes

I’m now facing the identical problem in 2021 it simply appeared for no reason at all. It used to run properly yesterday and today I attempted to get into 2 studios, but the other one closes, any idea on how to fix this?

3 Likes

Can reproduce but it only happens when I open Studio from website.

2 Likes

This is happening to me it is really slowing my workflow down, I open a second studio file/place from the website or my desktop and it always closes any studio instances I have open

2 Likes

This is also happening to me. I can’t open 2 instances of ROBLOX studio without it trying to update. Every time I open one place and try to open another, it just closes the other one and updates ROBLOX studio.

2 Likes

Hey I was able to open two studios, but what I noticed is I can only open two places that have been published to ROBLOX. I have a file that is just a .rbxl file and I can’t open that one.

2 Likes

Hey @jeffy_pluto can you try to open two studios through website?

2 Likes

Yes and only from website, not from .rbxl files.

2 Likes

This seems to happen for me for all cases, site, rbxl, anything else causes this bug to occur.

3 Likes

Yes indeed. It is extremely annoying especially when copying and pasting work between places.

2 Likes

Yep, I am also experiencing this issue. I have one .rbxl file open, then I try and open a team create place from the site, and the .rbxl place file closes as if it was ended in task manager. Seems like this can happen vice versa too.

2 Likes

Also experiencing this, shows the “roblox studio is upgrading” screen everytime I have more then 1 place open.

2 Likes

Hi people from 2021

Maybe try looking into my bug report I think it’s the issue you guys are having

@HateSins, @caviarbro, @jeffy_pluto, @DarkMagicShadowSkull, @Zeezy2204, @Sb0bster, @Burgonet, @OutlookG

6 Likes

I don’t think the is a bug at all it’s just how it’s built

um no,it just happend to me recently,its a bug lmao

this bug is still occurring to me and it it very annoying

This bug closed my studio without any error occurring.