Can't hear audio in Studio

The title says it all. It’s pretty simple. I’m working with a blank baseplate file. I opened the toolbox and filtered by audio. Then I clicked play on one of the first “recommend” audios to pop up. The animation shows that the file is playing, but I hear nothing. Even when I bring the file into Workspace, I can’t hear it. This has happened with all the audio files that I have searched up. I’ve restarted Studio multiple times.

Has anyone else had this problem? Please help!

22 Likes

I have had this problem before, just yesterday. I actually closed studio for a little while and shut down my computer and that seemed to fix it. If it doesn’t, you can always go to roblox.com/develop/library to play the audio from there :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Quenty has pointed out a bug in Studio that causes this problem. Addressing this bug fixed my issue.

16 Likes

I have this audio issue after I lost connection in team create. I tried to check volume mixer on my PC, but everything was fine. I think Roblox seems to has its own problem.

1 Like

I just found a solution, I don’t know if it works for you. Try to check the volume setting in play test if the volume is off. Turn it back down and you’re good to go. I hope this will be useful.

12 Likes

I have a similar problem. I can hear the audio, but when i play it in the toolbox, it sounds very distorted.

2 Likes

After 2 years its not been fixed and it’s really annoying me.

11 Likes

I think I figured the problem out.

You need to go to Studio Settings, and then to Audio.

There should be a button called “Main Volume”.
If I’m not mistaken, then the volume should be at 0, or Muted. Just turn that up then restart Studio.

14 Likes

I found solution too, as you said I just need to turn Server Audio Behavour to “Enabled”

So simple
Yet that was exactly what was wrong
Thank you

1 Like

yeah,june 2023 the problem is still here and it’s extremely annoying.

and it also says that the volume is at 1 in the studio settings.

what worked for me is going to Studio Settings and changing Server Audio Behavior from Online game to Enabled then restarted studio.

hey i just found the solution i got the same problem the solution is simple just go to studio settings and then there go to ’ Studio ’ and scroll down till you find “audio” then just set the “server audio behavior” to Enabled

didn’t work for me,it just automutes

are you sure you put server audio behaviour enabled because thats weird it worked for me

yep,i am 100% sure,i checked,and it is enabled

same every time i try to playtest my game, there’s no music or even footstep sounds. ROBLOX wont ever fix it

it doesn’t work for me. I don’t understand

Try Click Mute Button.