Can't leave groups

I tried myself to leave through group api but it failed. Did it work for you or anyone you know?

1 Like

Didn’t work either. I assumed wrong.

it’s caused by the default role’s rank being set to 0.
you can see that it’s rank is 0 here:
https://groups.roblox.com/v1/groups/30942/roles

i’m assuming it happened from it being possible at one point to set it to 0 using the api

1 Like

Hi! Sorry for the radio silence on this. i think there are three separate, relatively rare issues being described in this thread

The first one is, clicking the Leave Group button in the menu doesn’t open up the modal. Finally figured out that this happens consistently if you click on the menu button slowly due to the way the onclick and onblur handlers are called.

The second one is, you can’t leave a group if you’re in a roleset that isn’t guest with a rank of 0. This group is in a bad state (you shouldn’t be able to update a roles rank to 0) so i recommend leaving it through the API directly if you need to, and we’ll work on a plan to get groups like these out of this bad state.

The third one is you can’t leave a group if you’re in a roleset that doesn’t exist. This is also a bad state / shouldn’t be possible - we will come up with a plan to fix these groups as well or add in some logic to check for this.

Unfortunately as it’s coming towards the end of the year i cannot offer a timeline for a fix - but we are actively tracking all of these issues.

10 Likes

Unfortunately, as I found, setting the group rank to 0 somehow makes it impossible to leave through API… (At least when I tried). Should I create a separate report?

Edit: I see you’ve joined. For the time being, is it possible to send it to moderation so they can lock the group/lock the group shout? People falsely think they are being hacked…

I think you are referring to the second problem i just described? In which case, no, please don’t make a separate report.
The rank of 0 is reserved for Guest. You cannot through the API nor the configure group page, update any other role to have a rank of 0, hence my comment about it being in a bad state.

3 Likes

I see. Thanks for clarifying. I assume this happened a long time ago, and it isn’t possible to do this anymore?

1 Like

I tried to leave using the group API but it came up with an error message saying “rank does not exist”.

https://groups.roblox.com/v1/groups/[GROUPID]/users/[USERID]

Hope this helps (not sure if it does because I didn’t try it myself).

Tried it and all it came up with was this.

It’s probably not a GET endpoint.

See https://groups.roblox.com/docs#!/v1 for full API endpoint list and descriptions and how to invoke them. (If you need further help I recommend breaking out into a new devforum topic since it’s not very relevant here)

2 Likes

Hi - #1 in this list (click handlers being weird) is now fixed

Thank you for the report and let us know if there are any issues.

8 Likes

Nice to see that bug finally fixed. Got tired of trying to explain the problem to a mod that seemed to think it was a problem with my touchpad.

3 Likes

Today is a great day, why you ask? No more groups with non-guest rolesets of rank zero which means #2 is fixed!

8 Likes

0Xdxp0BL5k

Thanks a bunch! :tada:

5 Likes

I contacted roblox support on this ages ago, but of course, with roblox’s absolutely horrible support, even after explaining it was a BUG, they keeped redirecting me to an article on how to use groups.

1 Like

i’ve been stuck in that group for over 3 months and now i’m finally out.
thank you! :tada::tada:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.