Can't maintain players in game!

Ok, first of all, I personally suggest to make your game have the same basic controls as ZO, I’m already used to it and I WILL NOT CHANGE IT. You could add a G key as super slash but for example dash will always be R. (Ofc the players can modify after but the starting one will be same as ZO basic one.)

Roblox takes your game’s plays, CTR, likes, favorates, play length and income to decide if they should put you in the search result/up-and-coming/trending genres.
I think 15K in total is enough for a “noticed game”.
50K would be an “important game”.

I don’t want to make a copy of ZO so I won’t be copying the controls. Different game have different controls (in ZO dash is on R, in Combat Warriors is on E, in GPO is on Q; in HOLDFAST! is on E), I just made a simple comparison.

Thank you for replying!

Alright, but remember, map size doesn’t matter, it’s the quality and general experience

1 Like

I didn’t say its better, I actually would like to have a smaller map but I’ll leave it like this to have a bigger server size.

Thank you for replying!

May I be your Alpha game tester? :smiley: I can give you specific reports.
(in case your game gets popular I would love to have a cool in-game tag/sword ;P)

1 Like

I made a topic for game testing (which I think you replied) so I got a lot of testers, but, of course, you can be a tester too and I’d appreciate that (since I actually need feedback). Most of the bugs are fixed (or being fixed at the moment) as well as I add new features daily.

Thank you!

I prefer to run multiple small ads to grow a playerbase over time.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to load the game for the past 3 minutes despite my device and internet connection being above-average. I’m 99% sure that’s the reason why your game isn’t able to maintain players. Most players will lose interest within 20-30 seconds of loading, let alone 3 minutes. I suggest you heavily focus on testing the game on other devices and try making it load as quick as possible. Because it doesn’t matter how many features you add, if the player cannot load into your game then it will all be for nothing.

1 Like

Did this strat worked for you in the past? How much should I put per day and along how many days?

Thank you for replying!

At the moment, you’re the only one who reported this. I have friends with really bad internet and still are able to load the game perfectly (in less than 20-30 seconds).

Thank you for replying and feedback!

1 Like

It’s been working for me for years, and I’d recommend doing it at least every other day for 750 robux for a month or two.

1 Like

i have a suggestion for slow loading

when player joins slowly load a chunk of map one by one from serverstorage
that should increase client load time

And make a chunk load system heres a good one CullingService - Custom Client Sided Culling/Streaming Module - #17 by https_KingPie

1 Like

Did you had problems slow loading? Or are you replying just in case?

Thank you for replying!

Sorry for my late answer!

In what game did you use that strat? Did it really profit and made your game popular? Can I know what game is it (so I can know what type of game it is, and what it aims for)?

Thank you for replying!

ummm no i don’t build large games(my friends do)

I build small projects to play around with

1 Like

lol I meant in my game

Thank you for replying!

(I completely redid my post as I felt it wasn’t concise and helpful)

I have a few suggestions for what I think would make a brilliant playing experience in the game. I know you’re a solo developer so take this with a pinch of salt!

I feel that the map needs a complete overhaul, In my opinion its too open and too dead to where its not inviting and polished. I suggest that it should be very small and have two districts. The slums and the market area. When you first spawn, you will be spawned with the slums where an NPC crowd on wood bleachers over look a small part of the dueling area. Its basically a circular area with buildings around. Instead of the heavy music, we could have a lot more ambient sounds play from the crowd and the general environment to give immersion that its alive. If you don’t want to be around the fighting area of the village you could go to the safe zone where the market place is. This is the area you will buy your swords and food. It could be connected through an alleyway.

If you get the chance to do NPCs in the future, please make single player bots so that the player can fight them off in the mean time while waiting for others to join.

I would also recommend you revamp the menu screen, UI, and also add a tutorial. For example it can be set in the training area of the market place, where there’s dummy targets and it transitions to a cutscene where a citizen talks to you and teaches you how to wield and do specific attacks you can add later in the game.

1 Like

I like your ideas, but I think you should also check at Criminality: map is big and players still find and play. I think a way to don’t make it look too empty is decreasing view distance; adding single player NPC’s isn’t an option since I want the game to be completely multiplayer; tutorial is not needed since all of the info is on the Help UI (mechanics are simple).

Thank you for replying!

1 Like

how cheap exactly? like 100 robux?

1 Like

My most popular game (here’s the link), which has over 375,000 visits, and it was very profitible.

1 Like