Can't put BubbleChat on

Does someone know how to put the Bubble chat on for the in-game chat when having a FilteringEnabled game?

I’ve put the following code in a LocalScript in the ReplicatedFirst:

local ChatService = game:GetService("Chat")
ChatService:RegisterChatCallback(Enum.ChatCallbackType.OnCreatingChatWindow, function()
return {BubbleChatEnabled = true}
end)

When I join the game after publishing, it enables both chat types instead of only bubble.

I am not a very experienced scripter, so is there someone who knows what I am doing wrong?

1 Like

You should be able to change these settings in the Game tab located in the home block.

1 Like

Where is it located if I may ask? In Studio or on the game page on web?

My apologies I misunderstood the question, could you maybe give me an example. Otherwise try to go into the Game Explorer, press F5 and look at game.Chat. Copy the files from the location and paste them into game.Chat whilst you are no longer testing. Remove the files except game.Chat.ClientChatModules.ChatSettings and edit that file to your liking.

Capture

The above image is the highlighted .lua module script that should contain your settings.

1 Like

If you only want bubble chat enabled, you will need to disable the classic chat as well, here is how you can do this without forking the chat scripts:

local Chat = game:GetService("Chat")

Chat:RegisterChatCallback(Enum.ChatCallbackType.OnCreatingChatWindow, function()
    return {
        ClassicChatEnabled = false,
        BubbleChatEnabled = true,
    }
end)

Edit: This code goes in a LocalScript located in ReplicatedFirst

4 Likes

Advisory never to fork if you are only making slight changes to systems! You should always try and do what you can without forking. Only fork if it’s necessary to make changes and/or if you’re making major changes to the functionality of the code.

1 Like