Can't select anything roblox studio

Hello, me and my friend when connect on the map with team create can’t select anything. I tryed to unlock all on the map but nothing, we just can select by hold the right click or select in the explorer. How i can do and fix this issue? (This just do on the map but other map are perfectly work)

7 Likes

Are you sure there isnt any UI enabled or that you don’t have the “Select” option on perhaps??

4 Likes

Yes no ui and i’m in moove option

1 Like

Have you tried restarting Roblox Studio or disabling Team Create and enabling it again?

3 Likes

I tried to open studio on local without team create and i restarted studio but me and my friend have this bug i dont know what happend to the map.

1 Like

I just deleted all the things in game and spawn 1 part in the Workspace and the bug is stil here maybe it’s just a setting in Camera, Workspace, Players or something like that ?

Go to File, and then Studio Settings and see if anything is out of ordinary maybe :happy3:

1 Like

This is not a local bug that happend to my friend too and devs in the map but in my map my studio perfectly work

You can just try and go to Home > Select and try selecting an object.
If none of the 4 useful tools: Select, Move, Scale, Rotate don’t work then check if you have clicked on an object. If neither do they work when an object is selected, try reinstalling studio.

TIP: Move, Scale, Rotate are activated only when you have selected an instance.

1 Like

As i said that DONT just happend to me, all devs on the map have that and on the others map its perfectly work.

I am not sure what could have cause that to not work. Do you usually use stuff from the toolbox?
Check every asset that has a script in it. If the script is unnecessary, delete it.

1 Like

I just checked with a good map and work and with the bad map. There is nothing and the settings like Workspace, StarterCharacterScripts etc… its exactly the same of a basic baseplate and not work

I have also been experiencing this issue on one certain game. Other games seem to work fine but for one of my games, I am unable to select most of the objects through the Workspace but I can select it from the explorer tab. For the unselectable objects, whenever I select them through the explorer tab, I am unable to rotate, move, or rescale since the cursor does not respond to any of those. There are certain parts that I can click and modify but most of the objects seem to be unresponsive towards my cursor.

As you can see, I tried to rapidly click on everything (You can tell by the cursor icon changing). Mostly everything is unclickable other than one single part. From what I’ve observed, the selectables change over a period time, meaning that sometimes, other parts can be selected and most of the time, it’s unselectable.

1 Like

Update
I have found a solution to this problem. Make sure to disable all ScreenGUIs within StarterGUI.
If there are invisible GUIs, it confuses the mouse cursor.

9 Likes

For me its not that, i dont have any gui but cant select i deleted all the game and i just added 1 part but cant select too this weird…

1 Like

-bump-

Anything updates? I’m encountering with this situation right now… Did you had gotten your studio fixed? @hollaquetalBRUH

1 Like

Multiple reasons: (sorry if you already said no to some of these im just spitting out answers)

1. in the “MODEL” tab up above is the “select” icon darkened/been selected?
  2. Are you editing something else like GUI, or another part?
  3. Has the part/parts been locked?
  4. Try reseting team create, if you are playing the game in studio and in client, or just reset studio itself.
  5. if all else fails, its a bug in studio or your computer has something going on.
1 Like

Nothing, i just goes to a save i did i founded no solution to this issue.

I am dealing with the same issue.

I’ve once encountered the issue myself and I fixed it by restarting the studio again.

Though, I can’t really know for certain if the situation is same for you.

It is possible there is a plugin you’ve recently installed that is forcefully preventing you from clicking around or either even a official plugin that supports different selection tools and generally bugged out or something.
Also it is possible that the entire workspace is under the Locked option, but I am unsure for certain.

Is it just a studio that is specifically causing this or is it the entire program of the studio in general causing you to not able to click anything?

It is also possible that there is something in the way of clicking something that is a part of the Locked option.

Check if this plugin lets you interact with objects.

(Suggesting this as a temporary solution if it happens to work for you)

1 Like