Can't select parts by clicking on their Name inside the Animation Editor

A Vital feature of the Official Plugin, Selecting the Parts by selecting their own Slot (after adding them into the Animation), isn’t working anymore after the last update, meaning that the only way to select a Part is to manually click on the 3D Object itself, meaning that:

• You can’t quickly Select Parts.
  • You can’t select Locked Parts.
  • You can’t select Parts within other parts without sneaking your camera inside the other Parts.
  • You can’t select Parts when the Selection Box of another one overlaps it.

This has completely halted the progress on Animations for me, as it’s an unbearable job to work with complex Rigs with Bones, Transparency and small parts when it’s 10x more difficult to select a single part than it was to animate an entire frame of that entire rig.

7 Likes

I have the same problem. Impossible to select certain parts such as the lower torso, the head… whether by clicking in the explorer or on the character. I’m stuck in my job. While waiting for this to be debugged I am looking for an animation plugin.

1 Like

Hey guys, we’re aware of this issue and are working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience.

1 Like

Hi there,

This should now work as expected. Thanks for reporting this issue!

Please note that because of another bug, if the ACE deactivates when you select a different tool (move/rotate), you need to set Workspace.SignalBehavior to Default (instead of Deferred). We are also working on that bug.

Also, you might need to restart Studio for the changes to take effect.

Please let me know if you still have issues!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.