CanvasGroup Beta: Group Transparency on UI Groups

Mine is all pixelated nothing is understandable, it’s pretty annoying since I had everything made using a CanvasGroup beforehand.

1 Like

Do you mind sharing the configuration of your studio? Specifically the canvas group size and Studio Settings -Rendering - Editing Quality Level. It will be the look of the canvas when the device is of very low processing power, while we should still be able to change the sizing limit of texture according to more pressure test.
You should be able to see better result when you increase the editing quality level, and if you are testing with play solo, you would also need to manually bump your graphics quality settings through the in-game menu.

1 Like

I set my Editing Quality to 10, but does it resolve when I set it to Automatic? Cause I don’t want to set it really to Level 21

It looks blurry after I updated and got into the studio. But it only happens in studio, even on play mode.

Does this have any functionality to prevent redrawing the GUI if nothing changed inside of it? Is that on the roadmap?

I was hoping to use this to create a heatmap (requires rendering many pixels – the more the better) which you can pan around. However, it doesn’t seem to have any performance benefit beyond what a normal Frame would offer.

I’m not sure if I’m misusing it or if there is currently no caching of the contents.

Another feature request that I would make is to be able to specify a “CanvasSize”, which would fix the number of pixels this CanvasGroup is drawn with. That way, if the user zooms in on my heatmap, I could do a smooth zoom without worrying about the CanvasGroup redrawing every single frame.

2 Likes

What is the (absolute)size of the canvas group you are using? We have received some complaints about lower level quality setting is too low for basic usage and have made changes to improve. It would get deployed next week.

3 Likes

Hey! So I’m not sure if this is fully CanvasGroup issue but I’m gonna post anyways. Basically I have a canvas group with a UICorner inside it. I then have multiple TextButtons within the CanvasGroup. The issue is, is that some buttons work when I click them and some don’t. It seems to occur near to the bottom of the canvas group though which is really weird. Idk if it’s conflicting with UICorner or what but it’s kinda frustrating as you can imagine aha.

it’s been 3 weeks since, is this going to be released soon?

I have features that work with CanvasGroup but if this isn’t going to be released soon I’ll have to make a work around

it would be nice to know since I don’t have a lot of time and I’m releasing my game very soon later this week

any closer to being released? the only thing holding my game back from going live is this feature

1 Like

it guess it never release :sob: very sad.

You shouldn’t have developed a game with a beta feature that has no specified release date. This was your error.

Do we have any update on when this is being released? :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t think this will ever be released :frowning:

It’ll be nice to have it soon, as this introduces some new types of opportunities and saves time.

You’re definitely right but some transparency from the team regarding an updated release date would be very helpful considering it’s been 2 weeks since the expected release.

7 Likes

this took months and yet still not released…

2 Likes

Is there any update on this? Its been 3 weeks since the expected release.

1 Like

Utter radio silence since 3 weeks. We’d like to ask for a quick recap as to what causes for the prolonged delay, just to shed some light on this.

at least its a response

3 Likes

now canvasgroups dont show up in-game
in studio it works fine but in-game its bugged

2 Likes