Operation Revive (Devlog & Feedback)

Well howdy there fellow developer! I was bored and this idea popped into my mind “I want to see how simple of a game I can make”. I basically made a feature (very simple) that when you die, you get rewarded with money (ingame!!). I currently have three ways to die: Jumping off of the edge of the map, getting someone to kill you with a sword, and a killPart. I need more ways for the players to die and way more features. It would be much appreciated if you could add some suggestions by replying to this post! I was thinking I could simply add a paycheck system. Or if you manage to survive for say 10 minutes, you get a badge and reward. I was also thinking “what can you use the cash for, FARLOKIE?”. I thought you could use it to buy new weapons to either kill yourself (please accept this post - i need ideas. this game isn’t meant to be suicidal in any form whatsoever) or other players. But here’s the thing: You get more money by killing other players!

If you could, please take a moment to leave a suggestion or some feedback!

Screenie!:

3 Likes

Maybe use those suggestions for a game players would love.

Maybe try learning some respect. I am not saying the game will stay the same or even be released. I am saying it can be improved over time. If you were an actual game developer, you’d know that.

1 Like

I got two ideas.

1. Maybe add a lava spinner as players seem to enjoy those.
  2. Maybe make a obby and you could even add the lava spinner into it.

I like your idea of a simple game and I think Roblox players like simple game’s as it can handle low end devices.

3 Likes

I very much appreciate your ideas. I will most likely add them into the game! I appreciate your understanding of my simple idea. I am not the best at game development, so that’s why I started this project - to learn.

3 Likes

Oh yeah devs would like to show respect to those who create absolutely original games with absolutely original idea. Yeah, we don’t like those who are creating “very funny” games like this that are getting 100+ online, while games with real effort get no attention. Is it really interesting to create every single time game that has no effort where to put in and no original concept?

I can’t tell if your being sarcastic, but there are plenty of dev’s that need a starting point to the career (kickstarter). This is my kickstarter, and no matter what you say, that won’t change.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to argue here, i’m talking about real problem. Look, you can kickstart either from your own simple and easy idea that might have real original concept, OR you can create another stay afk and get 1 money per second with tons of gamepasses on 10000000 walkspeed and 99993993 jumppower. Do you see any difference? Yep, original idea can take a lot of time, but trust me, you’ll be much proud of that

I know it’s simple, but it’s really all I can do. I am not some expert programmer that coded Jailbreak or something like that. I am just an australian programmer that is trying to learn. I don’t goddamn care if people AFK farm, as long as I am proud of my work, I am as happy as I can be.

I didn’t even ask for people to start saying that “this is a waste of time”. I just want feedback / suggestions for things I can add into the game.

Thank you.

3 Likes

In any way, once you find that you’ve grown enough(in scripting i mean and other dev stuff), try something harder with time

I do plan on that. There are two reasons I started this project: to learn, and see what I can already do.

I appreciate your cooperation.

2 Likes

Quick update: I added a lavaspinner that kills you when touched. I fixed a bug where the death leaderboard didn’t update. I also added a quick loading screen to help with aesthetics. I need more help with designing the map because I am not great with aesthetics.

Currently working on: I am working on a system that detects if you kill a player and rewards you with some cash if you do.

Screenies:

For the map design I was thinking maybe a low poly forest type park as it seems to suit the theme of your game.

1 Like

I didn’t do a full low poly forest because I suck at building low poly stuff, but I just did something simple and added a building. I coded a quick gun that doesn’t shoot flashes but just damages and I added some backround music and a system that detects what song is playing and changes text to the name of the song. (I am posting a full update later today as this is just a reply.

Daily Devlog

Alrighty, we’ve added the Kill Detection System that detects when you get a kill and rewards you with 100 cash. I also added backround music that loops to make the game less quiet / boring. I haven’t much more other than that because the Kill Detection System took me hours to learn how to code. Next, I plan on either adding more the map or making it bigger in general.

• Make Map Bigger (adds more features)
  • Add More To The Map

0 voters

If you want to playtest, here’s the link to the game: Cash Killing - Roblox

The next Devlog is coming tomorrow!

Yours Sincerely,

FARLOKIE

you should make the map bigger because this map is boring and u can’t do so much stuff, try adding fall damage or stuff like that.

1 Like

Forgot to tell you, I added Fall Damage. Thank you for the idea.

1 Like

Aight, I’m back. I haven’t done much since I’ve been busy, but I added and coded an M16, and removed the backround music. I added a statue of myself lol, and I removed the pistol since it was very buggy and didn’t work very well.

1 Like

So you earn money by dying and killing others? I think most of the people just try to kill others because dying gives you money anyway and killing others is more fun

1 Like

When you die, you get less money than getting a kill. I do see the point of your comment, thank you.